Who was the real winner in Korean War? - Page 8

--
Boots

January 21st, 2005  
Strongbow

South Korea!!!!!! Economically speaking.
January 21st, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman
lol, we had real good commanders though, they were so intelligent wiht battle
I'm not going to agree or disagree, but I would like to point out something. People from the USA are always going to say that their "great commanders" are the greatest ever. British people have a natural bias for theirs. The most valid means of verifying that your nation's star commander was truly great is when you hear praise from citizens of other nations.

Quote:
i guess as chinese we tend to use the brain more in combat as strategy
Not a good blanket statement to make since there have been numerous brilliant moves and numerous stupid moves militaritly -- throughout China's history.
January 21st, 2005  
Sexybeast

sigh..everyone makes mistakes...

Marshal Peng (PLA commander in korea) made some briliant ambushes which pushed U.S back to 38th parrel..

but later,, after captureing south korean captial..i think he starts to make mistakes...chasing americans too fast with foot and finally exhausted the supply line and got hit back hard by U.S troops (captured over 20000 chinese troopers)...

but still..PLA fought good in that war, achieved the primary objective of going to that war----keep U.S out of chinese borders and perserve a buffer zone (north korea)
--
Boots
January 22nd, 2005  
Chinaman

the battle of huai hai was one of the most brillantly planned and fought battler ever, if u no more tell me
January 22nd, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman
i guess as chinese we tend to use the brain more in combat as strategy
Yeah, but you guys sure as hell couldn't stand up to a bayonet charge.
January 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Let this thread be. It's the Chinese patting each other on the shoulder thread.

We presented our cases and in the end it really was a classic example of a stalemate but they just keep pressing until they just hear what they want to hear. But do give credit where it's due. Sneaking hundreds of thousands of troops across the Yalu and launching a surprise mass attack on the Chosin resiviour was a brilliant piece of military achievement.
January 22nd, 2005  
Pakundo

More precisely, it's another blatant example why MacArthur was such a bad leader: his ego refused to believe his intel about the Chinese. Instead of calling a halt in place and declaring victory and ending the war favorably, he was greedy and insisted on occupying every square inch of the country right up to the Yalu River, ignoring warnings from the Chinese government, and even openly goading them to do something about it. If MacArthur hadn't been such a primma donna, the war could have been ended anytime after the liberation of Pyongyang-- the rest of the country would most likely have capitulated and victory could have been declared before December 1950. If MacArthur had done that, THEN he could rightfully claim to have been the savior of Korea and been the true hero he always craved to be.
January 22nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

well..PLA kicked U.S army a bit at the begining of Korean war..

but later, espeically after PLA captured south korean captial..U.S really owned PLA
January 22nd, 2005  
Chinaman

if its a stalemate its not ownage

let me remind you that its a infantrybased peasant army vs a modern army

so really the chinese army owned
January 22nd, 2005  
Pakundo

Quote:
espeically after PLA captured south korean captial..
I could be wrong, but I don't believe the PLA ever entered Seoul. After the Chinese crossed the Yalu, I think we pretty much held them at the 38th parallel until the cease fire.