Who was the real winner in Korean War? - Page 7

--
Boots

January 17th, 2005  
Chinaman

yes, 115000 seems a bit too low, but 1 million??? the guy who gave the source must be high when he stated it

ok, let let me put it this way: death toll was around 115000, may be higher but to a lesser extent, maybe 10,000 higher but thats it.

wounded, crippled chinese from the korean war is probably around 300,000, even more if you count the people killed from bombing attacks

casulties does not all mean death people!!!!
January 17th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
no..he is not, that is offical data from China..

Yes, official data from China, commies have a terrible track record of lying, a lot. (Like the Soviet Union saying that they had crushed the Germans in Ukraine over and over again until they had to tell the truth because the Germans were on the outskirts of Moscow, or Tianamen(sp?) Square, the Chinese government threated foreign journalists from reporting on the incident.)

"600,000 Koreans died in the conflict according to US estimates. The whole number, including all civilians and military soldiers from UN Nations and China, amount to the order of 2,000,000 deaths. More than a million South Koreans were killed, 85% of them civilians. According to figures published in the Soviet Union, 11.1 % of the total population of North Korea perished, which indicates that 1,130,000 people were killed. In sum, about 2,500,000 people were killed, including north and south together."
January 18th, 2005  
Chinaman

yup, thanks to us carpet bombing and fighterbomber strafing civilian deaths tripled

by the way, most of the supplies carried were done by north korean foot suppliers who supported the pla during this war, yes, volunteer, sounds weird doesnt it??? well, if youve got familes killed by us bombing, u definetly want to help the opposing forces

since us loves to straf supply routes mainly operated by civilians, i guess death tolls definetly add up
--
Boots
January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Military porters, though they use civilians are not considered civilian targets.
Chinese casualties were very, VERY high because of the human wave tactic. Basically the human wave tactic is very simple in how it works. You throw people at the enemy faster than they can kill them. That's it. And if you know anything about grenades and machine guns, you know that in every engagement you will lose THOUSANDS of men. That's right, you'll lose thousands in every engagement because that's how human wave tactics work.
About the bombing. Well if you have bad guys, I think you'd want to bomb them. Unless you're planning on talking them to death.
Either way I think we're slipping away to general Korean War topics and not who was the winner. I know it's not my job but I think this thread could close because there's not much left to talk about in the "who's the winner" sense.
January 18th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i dont know wut to say..

U.S also has a terrible track of record lying i believe...that is how they start Vietnam war as we learned in history class, that is how they start war in Iraq..where is weapon of mass destruction...
u cant just generalize something and name it bad..

south korean armies' performance in korean war was kind of terrible..
perhaps there is some 1st army something fought O.K later..that is just like a weak dog bite its enemy while it recieves help from his master and his master is recieving all the punches from its enemy....nothing to be proud of ..

if we just look at the military side..i really should say south korean army is a big loser...

north koreans fought bad after U.S went into korea, but didn't they capture a U.S general??
http://www2.hqmc.usmc.mil/KoreanWar/...b?OpenDocument
http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/history/A0828118.html

talking about china, en...., fought a few nice battles at first when they went into North korea, suprise attack, althought they cut U.S troops' escape routes a few times, but U.S can always escape due to their suprioer air support and also their nice cars...
but it is true taht chinese paid heavy price for their crappy equipments...u can say they fought bravely, but sometimes we should see that Chinese commanders made lots of mistakes too, and that caused some unnessary causalties
January 19th, 2005  
Chinaman

OMFG, human wave tactics??? do i need to enlighten u ppl

it does not work ever, a machiengun could own human waves

its called diversion, infiltration, flanking and encirclement

when ur weapons suck and you have bad supplies, then automatically u resort to strategy.

sad.... truly sad how i have to post this again
January 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

well..there are lots of ppl up there seeing every tactic which do not use shining aircrafts or missiles as good waves....pure generalization...
January 19th, 2005  
Chinaman

lol, human waves.... sigh... they think it works cuz somehow they also think that hcina could afford casulties because theyve got a huge population

look, the only country that ever used extensively in human wave tactics was russia, and they learned it hte hard way too
January 19th, 2005  
k19

What is the point to discuss whither is a human wave war or not, when the other side’s tanks and planes even more than our trucks, bombs even more than our guns and bullets, not even mention the germ-warfare they put(saw it on a Canadian Korean war documentary, go argue with them). I seriously doubt the U.N army with that advantage would have stopped at China’s gate, U.N forces were not expected we would resist it outside of the border. Good thing was hundreds thousands of volunteers, soldiers give their lives in exchange of the safety inside of our border. In fact, it might also kept China out of the cold war face off; imagine a large size of U.S army stationed right at our border instead of far away? Cuba might be a good example if that really happened. So, I have to say, we won it, at least for ourselves, for the next 50 years of peace at north. U.N forces would have won the war, totally, if they kept it in a much lower profile, with a right reason to start with, they should have won the war, however, signing a peace agreement at 38 line was far worsted than they would have just start a political talk with the soviet when they already can see the Chinese border, and let the rest of North Korean resistance pull out and form a government of exile or something. That way, Korean united, Americans achieved their goal, U.N achieved their goal, china has nothing to do with it, and soviet could politically keep their face.
Or, they would have just stoped at the 38 at their first assult, saved South Korea and punished the North, so that the U.N force would not become a invader force other than a peace-keeper, which really the basic reason that caused the fear in China! And, We wouldn't even have to talk about it today!!!!!
January 20th, 2005  
Chinaman

lol, we had real good commanders though, they were so intelligent wiht battle

for example, in one battle we had defneders go deep into caves and the artillery just wiped out a regiment that charged up the hill

i guess as chinese we tend to use the brain more in combat as strategy