Who was the real winner in Korean War? - Page 6

--
Boots

December 29th, 2004  
Turner

well my grand pa was in korea i think he won the navy cross but i think wars are never draws then the war will keep going and going un till who is all dead so i delcare american and north korea winers
December 29th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner
well my grand pa was in korea i think he won the navy cross but i think wars are never draws then the war will keep going and going un till who is all dead so i delcare american and north korea winers
I guess I'm confused. How is North Korea a winner? They gained nothing and nearly lost everything. They had to be rescued by China, otherwise they would have ceased to exist.
December 29th, 2004  
Turner

opps my mistake south sorry for that south one then if north one it will be a big korea not two so it had to be south korea
--
Boots
December 31st, 2004  
Dagger

if u ask me i will say japan was the real winner. I believe japanese economy which was devastated during WWII got a boast because of the korean war, since japan was the staging post for the UN forces.

But purely militarily speaking, i would agree that NKorea lost and everyone else achieved their primary objective.
January 10th, 2005  
Chinaman

there is no winner in the korean war, the border was quite similar to the one before the war, however, we lost thousands of good men in that battle.

lol, u should see some chinese movies about the korean war, apparently having turkmen as actors for american infantry was quite flawed
January 10th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: try this

i can telll you the reall winner of korean war.........is a stuuner....inside info that non of you lot have had or can get to and I'm leeting you know today....................................

the real winner:

Heard of angus cows up in inverness
January 16th, 2005  
k19

I am more agreed with this post:
North Korean Objective: Unite Korean Peninsula under Communist Rule
Mission Failed
South Korean Objective: Remain an Independent Country
Mission Accomplished
UN Primary Objective: Liberate South Korea
Mission Accomplished
UN Secondary Objective: Unite Korea under non-Communist rule
Mission Failed
Chinese Primary Objective: Re-establish Chinese rule of North Korea
Mission Accomplished
Chinese Secondary Objective: Unite Korea under Communist Rule
Mission Failed

Although to be pointed out, if China really had that secondary objective like you said, china would not have waited to the very end to act, till the U.N almost wrapped out the North Koreans, then to enter the war. I don't even think the Chinese even would have entered the North Korea if the U.N coalition did not start bombing some of the Chinese cities near the border. The Korean War probably would have already finished there. My grandfather was at north at the time and he saw it with his own eyes. Every Chinese probably know this and the famous 8 characters Slogan at that time clearly says ďagainst Americans, supporting Korean, protect home, for the countryĒ. The Chinese was afraid of the U.N would invade China too. After the fall of North Korean, They must act to pervert that. Thatís the biggest mistake Mr. Macarthur have made. The Chinese offensive really started right at the Chinese border, then ended at the 38 line, which recaptured the whole North Korea territory, and by all means I say, it was quite achievement when you against the world coalition, who has far advanced weapons and more resources on hand, no even mention only 2 years after the devastating WW2 against Japanese and the Chinese civil war. But I still donít think China is the actually winner, after lost all those people for a foreign countryís stupid act, especially when it was much of USSRís idea and we have lost the opportunity to unite Taiwan.
January 16th, 2005  
Chinaman

the more i thought about it, i think china is more of a winner

despite the losses, some 150,000 died i think

ok, first of all, let me clear ur image of chinese so called human wave tactic

human wave tactic is using alot of humans to charge at a positive in wave formation, thats exactly what happened in the battle of somme, and guess what, the brits got owned by german strongholds. If human wave tactics were really employed the the chinese, then theywouldnt have won the civil war and certaintly will be stopped in yalu river before they started.

what the chinese used is really strategy, as the chinese believe strategy over anything else is the basic military doctrine. the chinese used encirclement, flanking, diversion and other types of military tactics to defeat UN forces. the chinese used alot of bugle signals and firecrackers to make it seem as if there are thousands to charge, but in relity the attack usually happened in flanking areas and thereby the enemy was pushed back

anyways, the ability to use a undersupplied, equipped army to defeat UN troops of the same number if amazing, the camability of the pla to force a stalemate with *peasant armies is why i think china won the war
January 16th, 2005  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
the more i thought about it, i think china is more of a winner

despite the losses, some 150,000 died i think
Are you joking?
January 16th, 2005  
Sexybeast

no..he is not, that is offical data from China..

the real number is probably higher,

all the nations like to minimize their own causalty and exaggrate others' death toll...

not just china, but also U.S (kill thousands insurgents in Fallujia...i really doubt it, how do they count? see the dead bodies? or just regard someone who is not where he was previously as dead?)