Who was the real winner in Korean War? - Page 4

--
Boots

December 13th, 2004  
The Other Guy

Ouch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The US and South Korea clearly Came out on top, according the mission objectives above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anya1982, go get a globe and a GPS.
December 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

A map will do for now. A GPS... you need a little training to use those.
December 14th, 2004  
Anya1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Bloody h**l!
Go take a look at the map. South Korea is one of Asia's few actually developed countries along with Japan. South Korea is miles and miles away from Vietnam and unlike Vietnam which is a tropical environment, South Korea is a temperate environment which means it snows in the winter time. The stories of GIs freezing in the 30 degrees below zero temperature... you didn't hear about those in Vietnam!
One less person to make fun of Americans!
don't take the piss outta me i was not mean to you, you wanna rip it outta me do it in private, you want a pasting in public carry on, i was only asking a question. i don't know much about korea or vietnam wars, so i was asking an honest question. seems you over reacted
--
Boots
December 14th, 2004  
Earling

Argueably only the Chinese and the South Koreans won, due to after the Inchon landing the US (Except.. it was the UN) changed it's mission objectives from maintaining South Korea to unifying the peninsular.

Since so many people seem to reckon the US won the 1812 war against Britain.. One could almost argue that North Korea "won" using the same arguements. That said, after that war the US quickly became predominent wheras North Korea is being slowly strangled by international sanctions and the fact that south Korea is so successful.
December 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well how would you react if someone thought Scotland and Liechtenstein were the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
don't take the piss outta me i was not mean to you, you wanna rip it outta me do it in private, you want a pasting in public carry on, i was only asking a question. i don't know much about korea or vietnam wars, so i was asking an honest question. seems you over reacted
The North Koreans... it wasn't so much about embargos or sanctions... after all they were supposed to be SELF SUFFICIENT. However it was always a lie, as was proven when the USSR fell and the supplies to keep North Korea alive went with it.
So really, North Korea preserving itself in its own form brought about its doom. Ironic really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earling
Since so many people seem to reckon the US won the 1812 war against Britain.. One could almost argue that North Korea "won" using the same arguements. That said, after that war the US quickly became predominent wheras North Korea is being slowly strangled by international sanctions and the fact that south Korea is so successful.
December 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middl...sia_pol_95.jpg
December 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

perfect map for the perfect occasion.
December 14th, 2004  
Big_Z

What I don't understand is how could someone who has spent 5 years in the royal navy not be able to tell the difference between SK and Vietnam.
December 14th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
What I don't understand is how could someone who has spent 5 years in the royal navy not be able to tell the difference between SK and Vietnam.
Now now, don't flame.

err please. (not trying to be mod!)
December 14th, 2004  
Big_Z

Not a flame, just a question.