The ‘Real' Speaker Pelosi

--

November 8th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Topic: The ‘Real' Speaker Pelosi

This is really very interesting! Stand by for hypocracy at it's best!
The ‘Real' Speaker Pelosi

The Democrats will soon control the House of Representatives and San Francisco Democrat Nancy Pelosi is set to become speaker, one of the most powerful constitutional offices in the United States.

Do you really know Nancy Pelosi?

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich does. He has warned that a Democratic victory will turn the House over to "the San Francisco values of would-be Speaker Nancy Pelosi."

Just how dangerous, then, is the House minority leader from California to those who hold to traditional conservative values?

Pelosi is one of the most liberal members of the House, receiving a 95 percent "liberal quotient" from the Americans for Democratic Action based on her support for the liberal position in key votes.

She voted against cutting taxes by $70 million, against renewing the Patriot Act, against reducing the death tax, against drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and against making it a crime to desecrate the U.S. flag.

She supports gay marriage, and backed legislation allowing overseas military facilities to provide abortions for women in the military and military dependents.

The would-be speaker also backed a measure calling for a timetable for withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, supported a bill requiring a 72-hour background check for persons buying weapons at gun shows — and opposed a bill strengthening the enforcement of immigration laws.

Pelosi's Hypocrisy

But a look behind the scenes exposes Pelosi as a Democratic leader who passionately fights for liberal policies, yet goes to great lengths to avoid applying those policies in her personal life.

Best-selling author Peter Schweizer's book "
Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" first revealed the glaring contradictions between Pelosi and other prominent liberals' public stances and their real-life behavior. [Check out our free offer for this book. Go Here Now.]

Pelosi claims to be a staunch union supporter, and, along with her husband, has received the Cesar Chavez award from the United Farm Workers Union, notes Schweizer.

Unions are, in her words, "fighting for America's working families" and battling "the union-busting, family-hurting" Bush administration. But Schweizer uncovered that a $25 million Northern California vineyard the Pelosis own is a non-union shop!

Pelosi's hypocrisy doesn't stop there.

The congresswoman is the top recipient among members of Congress in campaign contributions from labor unions, and has received more money from the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union than any other member of Congress in the last several election cycles.

But in addition to the wine business, the Pelosis own a large stake in the exclusive Auberge du Soleil hotel in Rutherford, Calif. The hotel has more than 250 employees; but once again, Schweizer found, it is strictly a non-union shop.

The Pelosis are also partners in a restaurant chain called Piatti, which has 900 employees.

"But a union card is not required to work there bussing tables, washing dishes, serving guests, or preparing food," Schweizer wrote in NewsMax Magazine.

"As with Auberge du Soleil, at Piatti the Pelosis' commitment to organized labor ends at the front door."

Pelosi has also demonstrated hypocrisy on the environment. "With us," she proclaims, "the environment is not an issue — it's an ethic. It's a value."

That's what she says. Schweizer exposed what she does: One of her largest investments is a private partnership called Lions Gate Limited, which operates the CordeValle Golf Club and Resort in San Martin, Calif.

To get a permit to build the facility, the partners promised to build a "public course" providing considerable access to non-members, and to abide by several environmental requirements to ensure that there would be minimal ecological damage.

But after the facility opened, the county's Planning Commission found that the golf course was in fact private — and the club had "ignored" many of its permit requirements concerning the environment!

"The reality is that liberals like to preach in moral platitudes," says Schweizer.

"But when it comes to applying those same standards to themselves, liberals are found to be shockingly guilty of hypocrisy."
November 10th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Senior Chief
I thought better of you. Fear, queer and smear ... you have the Bush and Republican dogma down absolutely pat, and you seem to constantly hit every point.

I don't know IF the Democrats are going to do any better than the Republicans ... however ... I am willing to give them a chance and judge them on their actions without throwing shiite at the outhouse walls before they have even taken office.

Why can't you?

I don't think they can do any worse than the outgoing horde has done. I might be wrong though ... and ... if I am, I will be very quick to slam them the same as I have slammed the crooks that were voted out of office.
November 10th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Senior Chief
I thought better of you. Fear, queer and smear ... you have the Bush and Republican dogma down absolutely pat, and you seem to constantly hit every point.

I don't know IF the Democrats are going to do any better than the Republicans ... however ... I am willing to give them a chance and judge them on their actions without throwing shiite at the outhouse walls before they have even taken office.

Why can't you?

I don't think they can do any worse than the outgoing horde has done. I might be wrong though ... and ... if I am, I will be very quick to slam them the same as I have slammed the crooks that were voted out of office.
You never gave the republicans a chance, why would you expect any different than what you have dished out?

The fact that Pelosi is dishonest and has been proven so should cause you great concern. If you can't see it you might be looking through the rose colored glasses.

Insults are against board policy.
--
November 10th, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: Hasn't 12 years been long enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
You never gave the republicans a chance, why would you expect any different than what you have dished out?

The fact that Pelosi is dishonest and has been proven so should cause you great concern. If you can't see it you might be looking through the rose colored glasses.

Insults are against board policy.
Let's see:

GW Bush was elected to the Whitehouse in 2001. (5 years).

The Republicans took control of the House and Senate in 1994. (12 years).

How long does it take before you acknowledge that I and others have given the Republicans a chance? Isn't 12 years long enough for them to have come through?

By the way, what insults were you referring to? If you were talking about "you have the Bush and Republican dogma down absolutely pat, and you seem to constantly hit every point", then you have a major problem. You have used their tactics since the very first post you made in the political section. Stating an obvious conclusion based upon the tenor of ALL of your posts is NOT a case of mounting an insult attack ... it is just an ackbowledgement of fact.
November 10th, 2006  
major liability

Meh, we'll have to see how this one turns out. I agree with her on a lot of the most important issues, but I really hate anyone who wants stricter gun control. I still dream of the day I might legally purchase a fully-automatic firearm.
November 10th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

THat evil witch wants for every American to turn in their firearms. Screw her and her ilk.
November 10th, 2006  
Padre

She sounds very qualified to be the Democratic nominee for President in 2008.

What's her husband/wife like?
November 10th, 2006  
Team Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre

Ask Hillary..
November 10th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre

Is that an indication of her sexual preference? Do we have to observe the don't ask don't tell policy in the house? On the board?

I'm sure that she will be a good candidate for the democrats in the next election, we just have to hope that between her and Bilary that they cancel themselves out.

My personal opinions:

1. Gun Control - NO!! - If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. That leaves the rest of us defenseless in our own homes. We all know there are not enough police around to stop crime, what makes them think they could control criminals if they basically had no fear of getting returning fire?

2. Gay/Lesbian Issue - No. From the way I was raised and what I read in the "Guide for our Life Book" (The Bible just in case you didn't catch the drift). It indicates the way God feels about immorality of all kinds. i.e. see story about Soddom and Gomorrah.

3. Term Limits for all Senators and Congressmen/women: YES! 10 years max. No retirement for serving in either position for under 20 years of service.

4. Retirement Benefits for the President. NO! Virtually every president is wealthy before they get into office. (see #3 for years of service).

5. Government Retirement rates for all should not be more than what the military gets for their 20 - 30 years of service.

I'm a cranky old fart, but those guys get the life of riley after doing a short stint in office and it is totally uncalled for to pay them 100% of their base salary after they retire. How many senators and congressment/women are poverty stricken when they get into office? NONE you say? Gee, go figure!
November 10th, 2006  
bulldogg

Its disturbing Senior Chief... no two ways about it. I'm still trying to pick a point at which the American people dropped the ball in keeping our government accountable... but it definitely happened at some finite point in our history. I'd daresay it was as early as Jefferson when the congress did not stop his completely illegal purchase of the Louisiana Purchase and then the people let him slide as well. I think from that point it was the "salami effect" as they, the politicians, slowly whittled off piece by piece till we have what we are left with today... a crap sandwich.