The ‘Real' Speaker Pelosi - Page 2

--

November 10th, 2006  
major liability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
1. Gun Control - NO!! - If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. That leaves the rest of us defenseless in our own homes. We all know there are not enough police around to stop crime, what makes them think they could control criminals if they basically had no fear of getting returning fire?

2. Gay/Lesbian Issue - No. From the way I was raised and what I read in the "Guide for our Life Book" (The Bible just in case you didn't catch the drift). It indicates the way God feels about immorality of all kinds. i.e. see story about Soddom and Gomorrah.

3. Term Limits for all Senators and Congressmen/women: YES! 10 years max. No retirement for serving in either position for under 20 years of service.

4. Retirement Benefits for the President. NO! Virtually every president is wealthy before they get into office. (see #3 for years of service).

5. Government Retirement rates for all should not be more than what the military gets for their 20 - 30 years of service.
I agree with you on everything except point 2. The Bible and the Constitution are separate documents, I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting that. And if you discriminate against a group like homos in the law, why not just expand it to cover any demographic you don't like? Sure, I may find homosexuality disgusting, but since it's a hereditary trait it just wouldn't be right to give them less than equal treatment. Counter to America's ideals, in fact.
November 10th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
I agree with you on everything except point 2. The Bible and the Constitution are separate documents, I don't know why everyone keeps forgetting that. And if you discriminate against a group like homos in the law, why not just expand it to cover any demographic you don't like? Sure, I may find homosexuality disgusting, but since it's a hereditary trait it just wouldn't be right to give them less than equal treatment. Counter to America's ideals, in fact.

I do not see homosexual tendencies as a genetic trait, it is a choice made by the individual. They should be treated equally. Equal treatment does not extend to a boy-boy or girl-girl marriage. Nor does it cover minority status for the behavior.

I think it would be great if all homosexual men were allowed to relocate to a remote island and practice themselves into extinction, same with the lesbian side of the coin.

If it was a God given right to be gay/lesbian they would be able to procreate as man and woman do. The Bible might be separate from the Constitution now, but that is not what the founding fathers determined by the structure of the document. It wasn't meant to separate church and state in the manner that it is now defined. It was to keep the government from telling you that you were going to be Catholic, Jew, Babtist, Wicca, Buddist, or whatever. There was never any intent to eliminate religion from the government. Proof of my point is the many times the 10 Commandments were used in the early days. The invocation at the beginning of Government meetings and the Benediction at those same meetings. They fully meant for God to be in this country. It seems like now most of the left leaning people would like to see Churches eliminated as they do not meet their new moral standards which are in direct conflict with the Bible.
November 10th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
Is that an indication of her sexual preference? Do we have to observe the don't ask don't tell policy in the house? On the board?

I'm sure that she will be a good candidate for the democrats in the next election, we just have to hope that between her and Bilary that they cancel themselves out.

My personal opinions:

1. Gun Control - NO!! - If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns. That leaves the rest of us defenseless in our own homes. We all know there are not enough police around to stop crime, what makes them think they could control criminals if they basically had no fear of getting returning fire?

2. Gay/Lesbian Issue - No. From the way I was raised and what I read in the "Guide for our Life Book" (The Bible just in case you didn't catch the drift). It indicates the way God feels about immorality of all kinds. i.e. see story about Soddom and Gomorrah.

3. Term Limits for all Senators and Congressmen/women: YES! 10 years max. No retirement for serving in either position for under 20 years of service.

4. Retirement Benefits for the President. NO! Virtually every president is wealthy before they get into office. (see #3 for years of service).

5. Government Retirement rates for all should not be more than what the military gets for their 20 - 30 years of service.

I'm a cranky old fart, but those guys get the life of riley after doing a short stint in office and it is totally uncalled for to pay them 100% of their base salary after they retire. How many senators and congressment/women are poverty stricken when they get into office? NONE you say? Gee, go figure!
i agree with every single word you just said, especialy that last part about them being well off...hell i've never seen a hard done by politition in my life.

i do dissagree with the anti-gay marrage part though. i also was raised christian and read the bible dayly. but because of my personal sexuality i have realised it is not something one can control.why ban their marrages. it doesnt make sense
--
November 10th, 2006  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
hereditary trait
I call that BS and as for the research in the DNA we have done, it is only the begining (in other words a lot can be found out to be worng)....

But let me make it simple....

We would not exist today if that was the course of nature....

Now I could care what you do in your own home just like you could care what I do in mine and that's how it should be...
November 10th, 2006  
Missileer

I have to agree with Prince on this one. I don't believe homosexuality is a choice but no real research has been done to find a cause. I believe the cause will turn out to be genetic.

And Senior Chief, you left partial birth abortion off your list. That's the mosy heinous, ghoulish, act mankind has ever committed.
November 11th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I have to agree with Prince on this one. I don't believe homosexuality is a choice but no real research has been done to find a cause. I believe the cause will turn out to be genetic.

And Senior Chief, you left partial birth abortion off your list. That's the mosy heinous, ghoulish, act mankind has ever committed.

Sorry about that, abortion no matter when is murder. I'm very happy that I am not a doctor that is practicing abortion for the sake of ... OOPS!

When judgement day comes and we are all taken to task for our deeds I'm glad I'm an engineer and not an abortionist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince
clip..

i do dissagree with the anti-gay marrage part though. i also was raised christian and read the bible dayly. but because of my personal sexuality i have realised it is not something one can control.why ban their marrages. it doesnt make sense
Allowing marriage of homosexuals would be accepting them as an equal as a man and woman being married. That cannot be for several reasons. First being that homosexuals cannot procreate as man and woman do. One of the "directives given to Adam and Eve" was to go our and populate the earth (not the wording in the bible, but my interpetation of what it says. It's late and I'm not going to look it up and then transcribe it here, anyway you read the bible and know what it says in Genesis.) Gay men and lesbian women alone cannot procreate, nor should they be allowed to adopt children. If they do adopt the kids are then raised to think it is normal for a man to have sex with a man and it is not normal nor should it ever be considered normal.

Being homosexual is a choice that people make, it is not genetic.

As for treating homosexuals as others, I don't treat them any different than I would any other person. Neither do I judge them, that is between them and God. I've heard homosexuals say that God told them it was OK, and that is not what it says in the bible. You can look that one up too. Soddom and Gomorah were destroyed due to the immorality of that time and it is explained what the sins were, it's right there in black and white and just as plain.

If you are gay or bisexual or whatever you want to call it you have some 'splanin' to do with the Big Guy!
November 11th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
I do not see homosexual tendencies as a genetic trait, it is a choice made by the individual.
im deeply upset by your post senior cheif.

1stly im not arguing with you here. but im going to point out a fact.
homosexualty IS NOT a choice.
i know at least 4 gay men who would love nothing more than to be straight, to fit in with everyone else but it just cant be done.
i myself would like to be straight,. but i cant just wake up one morning and say...gee i will be straight today.
its in the persons DNA. not their head or their heart.

i just wish some of you people will think about this. hell if you knew the depression homosexuals have, the hatred they have to live through ps: this is going alot off topic
November 11th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
im deeply upset by your post senior cheif.

1stly im not arguing with you here. but im going to point out a fact.
homosexualty IS NOT a choice.
i know at least 4 gay men who would love nothing more than to be straight, to fit in with everyone else but it just cant be done.
i myself would like to be straight,. but i cant just wake up one morning and say...gee i will be straight today.
its in the persons DNA. not their head or their heart.

i just wish some of you people will think about this. hell if you knew the depression homosexuals have, the hatred they have to live through ps: this is going alot off topic
You regurgitated the subject, my main point is that it is a deviation from nature. If it were genetic it would be so with all of the animals in the world as well.

I think you are far off the mark and the reason is self serving due to your own stated preference. I have a family member that is an admitted gay. I can tell you beyond a shadow of any doubt that he made that choice.
November 11th, 2006  
bulldogg

Senior Chief, homosexual behaviour is documented in chimpanzees and dolphins for starters. I tend to think of it as a mutation but not something that is carried genetically like blue eyes... but that's just the musing of a mind with too much free time.
November 11th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
ps: this is going alot off topic
Precisely. Let's return to Nancy Pelosi or, if everything has been said, I can close the thread.