Real photos of Cuba

Criminal justice does remain a problem in Cuba (in the sense of harsh punishments), but there are trials.

She was planning on going back to Cuba, but her father refused to let her come back. She said she was a practicing Catholic while she lived there. It is much easier to get an exit visa in Cuba to go to any European, African, Asian, or South American country than the USA. That doesn't come as a surprise since it is almost impossible to travel to Cuba from the USA legally (there are only 100,000 permits given out every year).

There ARE elections in Cuba, do some research. Here is a little tidbit:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C00E1D71030F931A25754C0A9649C8B63

In a country of 11,000,000, it is very doubtful 11,000 signatures (.1%) is enough for a referendum. And there are radically different views among the members of the Cuban Communist Party. Notice how there were no murders or jailings of the 11,000 signatories. Indeed, most charges of the Cuban government arresting people for their ideas are in reality charges for accepting money from or working for the US interests section in Havana.

And about the hepatitis vaccine, it hasn't just been tested in cuba, it has been exported to many other countries as well.

http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=3193

Last edited:
Rabs said:
I think the emberago is silly and is a stupid fossil of the cold war, the only people its hurting is the cuban people not the government.

I mean really, what are we trying to accomplish, see how many cubans we can starve to death.

Gosh Rabs, you are starting to sound like a liberal.:confused:

Whats an "emberago"?:confused:

Dark_Mark said:
Criminal justice does remain a problem in Cuba (in the sense of harsh punishments), but there are trials

Haha, I never denied that, I was talking about fair trials with free chances of defending oneself.

Dark_Mark said:
She was planning on going back to Cuba, but her father refused to let her come back.

Mm, interesting, so she stayed in the US. Why did her father refuse to let her go back? And why did she accept?

Dark_Mark said:
She said she was a practicing Catholic while she lived there.

How old was she? She was referring to the late 90's.

Dark_Mark said:
It is much easier to get an exit visa in Cuba to go to any European, African, Asian, or South American country than the USA.

Why should a free man need an exit visa to leave his country in the first place?

Dark_Mark said:
That doesn't come as a surprise since it is almost impossible to travel to Cuba from the USA legally

Nah, you've already been proved wrong on this.

Dark_MArk said:
There ARE elections in Cuba, do some research. Here is a little tidbit:
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C00E1D71030F931A25754C0A9649C8B63

You are cracking me and the rest of the members up, dude. I was talking about fair and honest elections where people can choose between more than one party and more than one dictator, where the people can freely read and learn about different options and programs and freely oppose the government without being jailed. That election scheduled for October is laughable, Saddam Hussein used to hold elections too, but I thought you were smarter than believing those were free elections.

Dar_Mark said:
Notice how there were no murders or jailings of the 11,000 signatories. Indeed, most charges of the Cuban government arresting people for their ideas are in reality charges for accepting money from or working for the US interests section in Havana

Spies, spies, spies, saboteurs, here is Fidel Castro and its paranoid thugs speaking... lol.

You are a fun guy I tell you.

Italian Guy said:
You are a fun guy I tell you.
Reminds me of a joke.
What did one mushroom say to the other mushroom?
You are a fungi.

I know, off-topic :read: . But I couldn't resist.

Dark_Mark said:
So radical rightwing ideas like that (borderline fascist) are less dangerous than leftwing ideas? Accusations like this are quite commonly used to alienate people.

And for the record, I don't hate the USA, I love it!

Then quit complaining about how bad USA is

phoenix80 said:
Then quit complaining about how bad USA is

Sometimes it takes more love to also show the points that are less pretty. Just to cheer "Hosannah" takes little or no love. Constantly trying to improve your country with the goal of a just and honest society takes so much more! Don´t confuse love with blind obedience. It takes love to be obedient, but you don´t need to be obedient to love..... and don´t you forget that!

Young Winston said:
How is the health system for the poor in the USA working at the moment?

Pretty good so far. The poor might not get the medical attention that they want for a common cold. But if they have any major emergency medical issues. They get free treatment. Most County Hospitals do that.

If you're poor and need a scheduled surgery, you're compelety screwed however. The emergency rooms can deal with the occasional non payment alright, but a lot close down when there's heavy traffic and many unpaid treatments. Our medical care if of good quality, but it's long overdo for some restructuring, if congress can ever agree on anything anymore that is.

Back