Real photos of Cuba - Page 3

--
Boots

June 24th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Venezuela isn't actually Communist. Chavez has a plan for world domination? ROFL
June 24th, 2006  
loki

It is not?! Sorry I get my information on world politics exclusively from this forum.
June 24th, 2006  
MIRV FAN

Cuba was a paradise in the 50's until the beard came on the seen, dam shame.
--
Boots
June 24th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki
It is not?! Sorry I get my information on world politics exclusively from this forum.
Haha, I read'ya. Iran is also going to nuke the entire world if we don't stop them right now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRV FAN
Cuba was a paradise in the 50's until the beard came on the seen, dam shame.
Yes, a paradise for foreign tourists.
June 24th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

No, it was paradise for the Cuban people too. 85% of the country was middle class. Today's there is no such thing as middle class.
June 25th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
Haha, I read'ya. Iran is also going to nuke the entire world if we don't stop them right now!
No No, just a little peice of land next to the Med. sea.
June 25th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Yes, a paradise for foreign tourists.
Sooo..you won't accept tourist dollars? That's an easier mark than a Mississippi farm boy in Amsterdam.
June 28th, 2006  
Dark_Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
No, it was paradise for the Cuban people too. 85% of the country was middle class. Today's there is no such thing as middle class.
I remember now. Batista's Cuba was a paradise. Literacy rates of just under 60%, an economy based entirely on tourism and gambling run by the American mob and the sugar cane and tobacco industries run by the American governement, a life expectancy of about 60 years, 60 infant mortalities per 1000 live births, massive unemployment, and grinding poverty for the MULTITUDES of Cubans that were forced to work in the cigar, sugar, and tourist industries. I have no idea where you got that 85% of Cubans were in the middle class figure, maybe out of the right-wing lie book.

Of course, the good ol' USA did plenty to help out. The sugar quota system imposed by Washington with Batista did marvels for the Cuban people, ensuring most sugarcane farmers would live in poverty, while Batista helped himself to the state treasury.

If I wished, I could easily round up pictures from the urban centers and clinics of the USA and make the USA look just as bad if not worse than Cuba.

Those pictures actually bring up some interesting questions:

1. How do I know those pictures were taken in part of a Cuban hospital that is in use, or even in a Cuban hospital?

2. How does the picture of a police officer in the streets of Havana mean that Cuba is a police state? I have seen very little evidence to indicate this.

3. If health care in Cuba is as bad as it seems, then why does Cuba have such excellent WHO (World Health Organization) statistics? 290 people/doctor, 200people/hospital bed, 100% births attended by a doctor?

Furthermore, why does Cuba only have an HPI (Human Poverty Index) of around 4% (compared to Brazil's 12% and Mexico's 9%) and an unemployment value of 2% if Cuba is such a dirty hell hole?

And don't even get me started on so-called human rights abuses. The biggest "atrocity" commited by Castro in the last 10 years has probably been the arrest of 75 "dissidents." Of course, these "dissidents" our "liberal" media reported had been wrongfully imprisoned were charged with, and were most likely guilty of, accepting money from the United States government.

If Cuba is such a harsh autocratic state, then why is there a Cuban Parliament whose members are elected by private ballot? Why are all of the Cuban officials, including Castro, subject to recall? Why is the Communist party banned by the Cuban constitution from interfering in the electoral process? Sure, the only legal party in Cuba is the Communist party, but anyone may also run for office on a no-party ticket!

Of course, I'm sure I will be told that I've never been there and I shouldn't talk about Cuba until I've been there, but hey, IT IS ILLEGAL FOR CITIZENS OF THE USA TO TRAVEL TO CUBA.

I don't want to claim that Cuba is paradise on earth, perfect, or has a higher standard of living than the USA, but I do claim it is one of the best third world countries to live in, and that the revolution has greatly benefited the people of Cuba.
June 29th, 2006  
tomtom22

Dark_Mark, have you ever been to Cuba? Anytime?
I will take Luis' version of Cuba than that of a teenager commie.
By the way your post might have been more believable had you backed it up with a source for your info. read the rules.
June 29th, 2006  
Dark_Mark

I apologize. My sources: UNESCO, UNDP, UNSD, EPICA, CIA World Fact Book, UNICEF & the Cuban Ministry of Public Health. If you find any of these sources rejectable or in any way invalid, let me know.

And as I said, I cannot go to Cuba, as it is illegal. However, I will go if you are willing to pay my $250,000 fine, Tom.