This is a REAL Bad Ass... :D

Yep, mules are well known for being quite capable of defending themselves. Remarkable pics though.

Why would you say that? Would it have been better if the mountain lion killed the dogs or the mule? not to mention the rider? Of course the best outcome would've been for the cat to get away and everybody live, but it doesn't look like that was an option.

Guys the pics look "photo shopped", not real. They look fake.
The clearity of the texture of the mule and cat are different. The mule is clear while the cat is blurred in most cases.

I have seen this one about a week ago in a newspaper. It is extremely real. For years sheep farmers have kept a donkey (smaller) with their herd. There is not a Coyote alive that will take one on and they are remarkably fast. Mules have caused more injuries on farms in East Texas than any other animal. They can become vicious in a second and bite like a dog. Their kicks can kill a horse so they are usually penned separately or wear a drag chain from one back leg. That keeps the kicking to a minimum. Mules have always been known for stubbornness but they also have an extremely mean temperament.

shoulda looked at this post before i went cow tipping at the donkey farm... :?

thats right, donkeys are manufactured!!!!
(just a lil info i picked up from the s***faced dude on the street corner ;) )

rotc boy said:
shoulda looked at this post before i went cow tipping at the donkey farm... :?

thats right, donkeys are manufactured!!!!
(just a lil info i picked up from the s***faced dude on the street corner ;) )

Actually, donkeys (asses) are pure breeds, mules are the product of a Jack and a mare horse. That makes mules sterile or hybrids. Very intelligent but stronger than a horse.

Pete031 said:
I want one

Pete,
Off thread a little but I'd like to relate a tale about a farmer who was walking behind a hearse with a large crowd following him. A friend asked, "what happened Sam"? Sam replies, "thats my wife in the hearse, my mule kicked her in the head and killed her." His friend asks who the huge crowd following at a distance was. Sam replies "those guys want to borrow my mule."

Hahahahaha.... Good one.... I wonder why more military's don't use mules for hauling kit anymore, especially in mountainous places like afghanistan...

If anyone has ever taken a mule trip down into the Grand Canyon, you were probably told about the rattlesnakes along some of the narrow paths. The mules are used to the sound and will not shy or buck like a horse when they hear the rattle from the ledges. The biggest reason is that the rattlers have learned the hard way that a strike will likely send them down the canyon so they just rattle. The mules have learned this and are not afraid. Pretty smart huh?

Back