Reading the Declaration of Independence - Page 2

View Poll Results :Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence?
All of it 18 54.55%
most of it 7 21.21%
just a little 2 6.06%
Only what I have read in text books 3 9.09%
I have not read a thing 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 12th, 2006  
tomtom22

I've read it many times.
February 12th, 2006  
Fox

Most of it.
February 14th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

I have a full copy that I framed and hanging in my office.
--
Boots
April 21st, 2006  
ironhorseredleg

I was assuming you meant that 220 year old US document when I voted. A little presumptuous of me, but on tgt nonetheless
December 27th, 2006  
Gator

I've read the entire document, important to remember though, the Declaration of Independence is not Law, the Declaration of Independence has nothing to do with Law, the US Constitution is Law, and the more important document.

The Declaration of Independence was a Treasonous action, although one I am quite happy with, but Treasonous just the same.
December 27th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
I've read the entire document, important to remember though, the Declaration of Independence is not Law, the Declaration of Independence has nothing to do with Law, the US Constitution is Law, and the more important document.
There is probably a large number of people in Congress who don't know that. I wouldn't be surprised if some have tried to add amendments to it.
January 1st, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
There is probably a large number of people in Congress who don't know that. I wouldn't be surprised if some have tried to add amendments to it.
I can see quite a few Members of Congress wanting to add the words "Jesus Christ" to the main body of the Document, or perhaps just the word "Christian".
An Amendment stating that the United States of America is to be a "Christian Nation" would also be one that would be pushed if Amendments were allowed, in my opinion.
January 1st, 2007  
DTop

What I find rather interesting is that as of this post, only 13 of the posters in this poll have read the entire Declaration of Independence.
January 1st, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
What I find rather interesting is that as of this post, only 13 of the posters in this poll have read the entire Declaration of Independence.
Well Top, seeing how important the Declaration of Independence was to the entire modern world, I find it kinda sad.
January 1st, 2007  
DTop

Regardless of the presumed importance to the entire world, I was speaking specifically within the context of our forum. I would have expected more military people or people at least having an interest in history to have read the document.