Re-introducing Gunner13

Gunner13

Hey everyone. I have been away for a bit (since like late 2006 :lol:) as I was busy getting ready to deploy to Afghansitan via Fort Riley . Connectivity was not very good where I was (actually is was awful), so I kind of dropped off the map - sorry.

Anyway, I am back and crankier than ever. :D

He's back! :D

It's great to see you in here again Gunner, hope that the deployment went well and that you'll have some time to stick around here from now on.. :smil:

Anyway, I am back and crankier than ever. :D
Sounds great.. :lol:

Thank you one and all :). It is totally tremendous to be back - you never understand how great home is until you wind up far, far away.

Yes, I do have the time to hang around some and post things. I also have tons of things to say about the mission, Afghanistan, ISAF, the ANA, Pakistan, etc. if anyone is interested (is there a thread started on the ANA Training Team/OMLT mission yet?).

Yeah, cranky - that's me :firedevi:

Welcome back. Thank you for your service, Sir.

Holy crap, Sir, sorry for not putting a Sir at the end of above statement the first time.

Last edited:
Like as not you will get your chance as the mess there will take a long time to fix. The place has pretty much been going downhill since they threw the King out in 1974 :(. Not really a smart decision when you look at how things went after that.

Before that, things were not wonderful, but pretty good and getting better, especially for that part of the world. My paternal Grandmother was in and around Kabul in the late 1960s as a tourist (yes, they had a tourism industry back then!) and told us stories about the things she saw and the people - to include a group of men she visited on the outskirts of Kabul who were part of camel caravan she met. It was really weird to arrive in Kabul and realize that she had been there only 40 or so years before.

Back