Re-enlistment...possibly...maybe...???

CanadianCowgirl

Ok, so lately I've been thinking about re-enlisting. I'm quite sure my bf would dump my ass, but I have some sort of fatal attraction to the army, haha.

Right now as a civi I'm a Surface Weather Observer, which is a Met-tech in military terms.

Anyway, what I was wondering was, does anyone know if I'll have to re-do all my Basic training...? And do you guys think re-enlistment would be a wise decision.....??? It's just a thought I've had, not thinking real seriously about it yet, but it's a thought..........

R E UP it is the best thing you could ever do !!!!!!!! I don't know if you have to redo basic because I don't know how long you have been out I remember it being something like after you have been out for 2 years you have to redo basic but i'm not a recruiter so i don't know I think you should go see a recruiter TODAY!!!!!!!!!

PS if your boyfriend decides to dump you for doing what you love then he doesn't deserve you anyway ad you should tell him to go to ummmmm you know TONIGHT!!!! he will hold you back in the future so c-ya ( keep in mind my advice is worthless as I am 27 and divorced :)

Last edited:
Well I've been out a little over a year now....I still need some more time to think things through, it' s just that someone suggested it to me today and I REALLY started thinking about it.....I REALLY don't want to do basic again, it was bad enough I did Basic AND IAP (Officer's version of basic). It'd be like doing it a third time =S

Why can't you go back Sgt Breeden??

I went to the recruiting office and it looks like I may not have to do Basic over again *phew* I sure hope not

i got medically discharged due to my shoulder injury. They told me I would never be able to use my arm the same but I think it is better now than before the surgery. I might have a chance in getting back in but I have anexcellent job now and I would lose a lot of income. besides I don't know if I could handle being told I am not worthy to serve again.

Back