RE-4 Question

joshwright2006

Im not looking for any smart remarks or any criticism right now, jus wondering something. I understand that when you have a pattern of misconduct in the military they kick you out with an RE-4. My question is even though misconduct is nothin to sneeze at, why would they not allow you to rejoin after so many years, like a probationary kind of thing, instead of banning you for the rest of your life?

Im not looking for any smart remarks or any criticism right now, jus wondering something. I understand that when you have a pattern of misconduct in the military they kick you out with an RE-4. My question is even though misconduct is nothin to sneeze at, why would they not allow you to rejoin after so many years, like a probationary kind of thing, instead of banning you for the rest of your life?

Misconduct is something to sneeze at. The military does not want unruly, misbehaving soldiers. You get one chance, and they cannot and will not risk the chances of your misbehaviour costing the lives of others.

They have a policy of a life ban to stop people from re-entering, because they clearly were not cut out for that kind of life in the first place. Otherwise, why the misconduct charge? They were discharged for a reason.

Misconduct has no place in any military. Discipline and order, my friend, discipline and order!

you had your shot.... you stepped in it. Hard lesson to learn to be sure but a lesson non-the-less - learn from it, even if it means YOU keeping another (maybe your son some day) from making the same mistake as you .

Most likely you are out of work and in need of a job........ the military is not a job, it is a commitment, obviously one you could not commit to. It is rough, but it is a fact - good luck to you.

To the RE-4 - small chance the military will grant any waivers - they pretty much can take the cream, no need for the whey.

you had your shot.... you stepped in it. Hard lesson to learn to be sure but a lesson non-the-less - learn from it, even if it means YOU keeping another (maybe your son some day) from making the same mistake as you .

Most likely you are out of work and in need of a job........ the military is not a job, it is a commitment, obviously one you could not commit to. It is rough, but it is a fact - good luck to you.

To the RE-4 - small chance the military will grant any waivers - they pretty much can take the cream, no need for the whey.

It is just not the military- but other sector as well. Take healthcare for instance. They are not very forgiving when screw-ups lead to permanent injury or worse, death...

My take would be to take lesson learnt and move off to something else...

It is just not the military- but other sector as well. Take healthcare for instance. They are not very forgiving when screw-ups lead to permanent injury or worse, death...

My take would be to take lesson learnt and move off to something else...
yepper, very true. That RE-4 may follow him in many occupations he may pursue, and when a prospective employer sees it there will be questions and most likely a tossing of the application into the round file.
There is no good or bad about it - just the way it is. Hope he learns something from it.

As I understand it, RE4 is very serious. Pretty much means you can't be trusted, are a disgrace to your country and the military don't want you back.

Of course I understand misconduct is very serious, I dont take that lightly. And no I am not out of work, been at my company for almost 2 years now. And I do agree it is a hard lesson that trust me it was learned and never forgotten. The military is not a job it is a full time career I know this. I did get out with an RE-4 after 8 months of service. Big Regret. But it's nothing I can take back. I have 10 years until age doesnt allow me to re enter. I have been petioning the board of corrections for 5 years now. still get denied obviously. It is possible to get the code lifted and changed I know of cases where its happened but it is a long uphill battle. Thank you for all your advice. I always continue to pray and honor all of our soldiers fighting.

I had two NJP's for getting mouthy with my superior, they sent me to CCU (Correction Custody Unit), 30 day program to get you back into the navy way of life, well sadly 28 days into it got kicked out because this first class was starting **** with me i guess to test me and i mouthed off to her and got an attitude. Just my attitude and my behavior. So they slapped me with an RE-4 and called it a pattern of misconduct. I was 19 when I got out. I should of waited till now to join. But we live and we learn.

It is one of the unfortunate aspects of life that in most cases you are not the same person at 24-25 that you were at 18 yet the mistakes you make at 18 are with you for life.

Of course I understand misconduct is very serious, I dont take that lightly. And no I am not out of work, been at my company for almost 2 years now. And I do agree it is a hard lesson that trust me it was learned and never forgotten. The military is not a job it is a full time career I know this. I did get out with an RE-4 after 8 months of service. Big Regret. But it's nothing I can take back. I have 10 years until age doesnt allow me to re enter. I have been petioning the board of corrections for 5 years now. still get denied obviously. It is possible to get the code lifted and changed I know of cases where its happened but it is a long uphill battle. Thank you for all your advice. I always continue to pray and honor all of our soldiers fighting.
I've not seen a 4 code lifted......... active is out of the question short of a total war someplace, in that case they may even take us here on these forums back... except the *Highwayman* guy... *coppers* ain't welcome regardless the reason......... they is always throwing stones into the pond, especially for us peace loving paras.
That said, if you wish to serve, try the Reserves. They boded me well. I could bite my tongue two days a month and for two weeks a year. Look into it.

I may have been a MP, it's those civvie coppers you've got to watch out for!!! :shock:
once a *copper* always a

k9000548.jpg
always getting out of joint. :p

Yea I can barely count on 1 hand how many RE-4's ive heard of lifted, so out of all these years thats not that many. But like I said I have high hopes. As far as the reserves go, no branch whether active or reserve will take me with this code, been trying. But hey anything is possible.

Yea I can barely count on 1 hand how many RE-4's ive heard of lifted, so out of all these years thats not that many. But like I said I have high hopes. As far as the reserves go, no branch whether active or reserve will take me with this code, been trying. But hey anything is possible.

What about trying to get it "lowered" to a RE-3? I believe you can submit a sort of review etc?

Back