Rate my teacher

Comments are put through a moderator frist and I find its very mature,

But some teachers can have a Law suit, its made national news here

the teachers at my school have contests to see who gets the highest vote on ratemyteacher.com. there have been cases of alleged bribery.

I think it's a neat idea, but not for those not mature enough to do it correctly....I mean, kids could be giving a teacher a high score just because they give them candy everyday while a dedicated, hard-working teacher might get a low vote. It might not be a fair way of doing things and some teachers may take it too personally....

I'm actually a moderator for Ratemyteachers.com, at the time my Junior High wasn't listed so I listed it and became the mod. Every rating is processed through either the moderator of that school, the administrator, or a "trusted admin" to ensure that there are no cruel, unruly comments. If one comment manages to slip through, it can be reported, revoked, and the mod/admin stripped of his privileges.

When I approve/disapprove ratings, I'm pretty fair. Anything that is insulting, has to do with out of school actions, physical appearance, personal comments, or anything similar, I have to either remove only the comment/note or the entire rating all together. I've gotten stuff from "Don't take her class because she's a crack addict" to "She is the hottest tilf on the earth, she has such a nice rack!"

Some schools actually ban the site, but some teachers like to also post up their ratings. I think it's a pretty good site as long as it's well-moderated and gives people no-bs opinions.
:lol:

i dont believe students shold be "grading" thier teachers. often many students still have an "us and them" mentality which results in them not actualyl view the teachers for how effective they are, they are merely going on how much they like them.
if it was parents who were marking them then it would be a different kettle of fish as they have a differnt perspective of how thier childs education is going.

Also this may lead to too many teachers focusing on keeping their students happy rather than teaching them anything.

it didnt have my MCJROTC teacher :(

but it had my major from back up north, he was the coolest
he just swore at us, made us do push ups, drill, swear at us some more, more push ups, and make fun of us
best class ever!
he gave me my nick name up there
"weird al"
dont ask why....

rotc boy said:
it didnt have my MCJROTC teacher :(

but it had my major from back up north, he was the coolest
he just swore at us, made us do push ups, drill, swear at us some more, more push ups, and make fun of us
best class ever!
he gave me my nick name up there
"weird al"
dont ask why....

why?

i said dont ask, now you die!!!
but since you did...
i had long hair, which was curly and he said he made me look like weird al
im past those long hair days!!!
never again!!! :oops: :)

Back