Rasch wins 5th round of PBR World Finals

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

Associated Press

LAS VEGAS - Cory Rasch scored 90.5 points on Davis/White's Chief on Friday night to win the fifth round of the PBR Built Ford Tough World Finals.
"I just tried to go out there and do what I had done during the first three rounds," said Rasch, from Clarksville, Tenn. "I forgot about last night and I'm looking toward the weekend to come."
Brendon Clark of Australia was second with an 89.75 on Kaycee Simpson's Red Alert, and season leader Guilherme Marchi of Brazil followed with an 89.25 on Page & Teague Bucking Bulls' Squirt Gun, $10,000.
Marchi, bucked off in the previous three round, has a season total of 10,680.5 points, with the world champion receiving a $1 million bonus. Mike Lee of Decatur, Texas, was second at 9,225.75. Lee leads the money list with $313,044.99, with Marchi second at $292,425.06.
In the event standings, L.J. Jenkins of Texico, N.M., finished fourth on Friday night with an 88.75 for a four-head total of 356.75. Kody Lostroh of Longmont, Colo., was second at 349.25, followed by Rasch and Adriano Moraes of Brazil at 348.25.
Moraes rode his fifth straight bull, Sticks & Stones, but the bull failed to leave the chute right away. The cowboy was awarded 59.25 points and a reride. He took the reride and was bucked off by Holy Moly.
The event points leader will receive a $225,000 bonus.
"I don't care about leading the average right now," Jenkins said. "So much can change in the next two days."

Back