Czech Republic
Iraq
Georgia
Hungary
Iran
North Korea
Slovakia
Ukraine

China and North Korea also operate copies of the Su-25 variants, when Egypt broke its ties with the Soviet Union they recieved these Chinese variants from China and when Somalia broke its ties withe Soviets they also recieved these Chinese variants also through China and Egypt. Somalia also recieved Chinese variants of the Mig-21s to replenish their Soviet supplied Mig-21 fleet. I have also asked couple former Somali air force officers that are friends with my Uncle who was a Somali army General and they did say we did operate the Chinese variant of the Su-25.

That´s just ****ing bollocks..
Liberia suck as a nation ..true.
But Somalia suck just as bad.

Remember..No Liberians have dragged dead western soldiers through their streets like cattle.
Somalia is a shithole..Always will be.
End transmission..
//KJ.

You are sick go get help, stop attacking other people's nationality and name calling, you seriously have issues, you are instigating and acting as a troll. This is a civilized forum, act civilized and take your garbage somewhere else.

Listen talk all the **** you want, Somalis dragged Soldiers after the Soldiers stormed Mogadishu. Liberians maim, kill, rape, torture, and committed genocide, they deliberately target civilians as fear tactics. The Somali civil war was mostly clan militias fighting each other, civilian do get hurt or killed in the crossfire but Somali civil war was never targeting purposely civilians in a terror campaign as has happened in Liberia, trust me if you were ever captured you would wish you were in Somali hands instead of Liberians. Liberians and Sierra Leone are famous for the massacres of civilians millions dead or displaced, nothing of the sort happened in Somali, no public terror campaigns were carried out, no genocide ever happened in Somalia.

Somalians dragged soldiers of my country - that's more or less the only information I need to say "screw you guys, I'm going home". Especially since we did not "invade" Somalia, we were sent there by the UN in a peacekeeping role. If only we'd had the political balls to stay.

Somalians dragged soldiers of my country - that's more or less the only information I need to say "screw you guys, I'm going home". Especially since we did not "invade" Somalia, we were sent there by the UN in a peacekeeping role. If only we'd had the political balls to stay.

I never condone the heinous act of dragging a soldier or even desecrating a body, I hate what my country men did to those soldiers and it was totally wrong and uncivilized, so I see where you are coming from c/Commander. I have many family members with military tradition and history, they found it despicable also.

But you must understand also the people that did this they were composed of 2 groups part street thugs with no military honor, never served in a military, and no moral values the other part were regular civilians who had their families gunned down by those very black hawk helicopters that went around and sprayed at anything that moved and those American soldiers, so they were very angry when they got their hands on those soldiers and took their anger out by dragged those soldiers.

I understand that it wasn't the most humane thing for them to do and I don't condone it and it was a heinous act they committed but please just understand their anger also at seeing their dead family members.

Remember that Somalians were killing off Somalians in the hundreds of thousands.
Now I don't think we should jump UnitedSomalia on everything, sometimes I think we're being unfair, but seriously to accuse the US of invading Somalia as if it were for any other purpose than to save lives, Somali lives, is ridiculous.

Absolutely we had another agenda, and anger does cause stupidity (as we've seen with our own forces in Vietnam and Iraq). I still think Somalia would be better off if we hadn't left.

Remember that Somalians were killing off Somalians in the hundreds of thousands.
Now I don't think we should jump UnitedSomalia on everything, sometimes I think we're being unfair, but seriously to accuse the US of invading Somalia as if it were for any other purpose than to save lives, Somali lives, is ridiculous.

Thank you redneck I appreciate your consideration and fairness. I never said US invaded Somalia, you won't find me say that in any of my statements, I know America was their for due to the UN, I was just saying that the people were just angry at how the American troops stormed Mogadishu and how those Helicopters were firing indiscriminately at anything that moved.

Usually when people with guns arrive on scene and it looks like there's going to be trouble, most people with some sort of intelligence will know enough to stay out of sight.
No, I don't think that's what the situation was.
The situation was that the civilians in that area depended on Aidid for their livlihood. It was their own clan or a clan close enough to be allied and in the same boat. They went out to fight because they needed Aidid and it didn't matter that people outside their group were starving to death in numbers we try not to think about in one of the worst possible ways. These people were the beneficiaries of looted aid destined for the starving.
Again, thanks for the pics.
And no, I don't think the photo of the Liberian gunman was appropriate in this thread.

Usually when people with guns arrive on scene and it looks like there's going to be trouble, most people with some sort of intelligence will know enough to stay out of sight.
No, I don't think that's what the situation was.
The situation was that the civilians in that area depended on Aidid for their livlihood. It was their own clan or a clan close enough to be allied and in the same boat. They went out to fight because they needed Aidid and it didn't matter that people outside their group were starving to death in numbers we try not to think about in one of the worst possible ways. These people were the beneficiaries of looted aid destined for the starving.
Again, thanks for the pics.
And no, I don't think the photo of the Liberian gunman was appropriate in this thread.

Most average civilian were just caught in the firefight and had no chance to get out of the area or had no Idea what was about to happen, they didn't even know the Americans were coming to arrest Aidid. I'll tell you this though I hate Aidid, his cronies and all the other warlords like him that thrived on the suffering of the innocent civilians. I am very familiar what Aidid, his cronies and many of his clan did in Mogadishu they deserved to be prosecuted for war crimes. All I was just saying is when people lose family members and they are consumed by anger they do dispicable things out of rage and revenge such as descreating bodies and dragging soldiers, that should be no excuse still which is why I said it was horrible thing for them to do that.

You and c/Commander are right also that picture was not appropriate in this thread. You have people like the guy that posted the pic and KJ trying to hijack threads, act as a troll and start flame wars. This thread was diverted from its original topic. KJ has also already attempted to hijack another thread the Somali pirates thread by making chilling remarks such as exterminating a whole race of people. I am very familiar with their motives and their aim.

The raid that became so famous wasn't the first of it's kind. It had happened many times before, except not at daytime.
Still, if things were going down in my town, I'd be pretty prepared to stay inside if anything happened. Doesn't matter where, just anywhere inside. If you're going to go out onto the streets, you will be fired upon. It's not rocket science.
I understand what you mean by family but we can't take it into consideration if we're talking about them feeling aggrivated by family members lost while fighting against the Americans, which was probably the case in 1993 where heavy artillery and large scale air strikes were not a part of the American presence there.

not to spark a debate here, or to piss people off. but i just want to know from a somali himself.

Does Somalia have a working goverment and army/police force at the moment? or is just total anarchy with warlords wanting to take the power etc?

I think control is rather regional. Some places might have a police force, others won't. Mogadishu it seems, is possibly the worst place in Somalia.

not to spark a debate here, or to piss people off. but i just want to know from a somali himself.

Does Somalia have a working goverment and army/police force at the moment? or is just total anarchy with warlords wanting to take the power etc?

Somalia has a weak unity government in place in Mogadishu with a former UIC as the president, they are backed up by African Union peacekeepers. They are training a new police and army which so far has only seen limited successful so far. This government does not control all of Mogadishu they control strategic areas with the help of the AU force such as the port, airport, presidential palace, government ministry buildings and their adjacent buildings, and strategic K4 intersection. They also control certain other cities in Somalia, but many other cities in the South are controlled by the Al Shabab and their allies.

Then their is North Somali which has a its own functioning regional government that is seperate from the central government and has seen none of the war and carnage the south has. Central Somalia has a regional government also that is allied with the central government unlike the north which is separate from the central government and has seen very little carnage and has been peaceful. These 2 regions have their own police and army that is seperate from the central government.

Those police and army pix I have shown on the other thread belongs to the Federal central government so they are trying to reconstitute the old army and police.

You are sick go get help, stop attacking other people's nationality and name calling, you seriously have issues, you are instigating and acting as a troll. This is a civilized forum, act civilized and take your garbage somewhere else.

Listen talk all the **** you want, Somalis dragged Soldiers after the Soldiers stormed Mogadishu. Liberians maim, kill, rape, torture, and committed genocide, they deliberately target civilians as fear tactics. The Somali civil war was mostly clan militias fighting each other, civilian do get hurt or killed in the crossfire but Somali civil war was never targeting purposely civilians in a terror campaign as has happened in Liberia, trust me if you were ever captured you would wish you were in Somali hands instead of Liberians. Liberians and Sierra Leone are famous for the massacres of civilians millions dead or displaced, nothing of the sort happened in Somali, no public terror campaigns were carried out, no genocide ever happened in Somalia.

No genocide ever happened in Somalia?
haha. Got to be up around the 500 000 mark right about now.

And yes, I have been in Liberia.
And I would go back in a heartbeat because the work we did there served a purpose.
People were glad we came to help.

Now, I have talked extensively to people who have had boots in the sand in Somalia and EVERYBODY I have talked to are saying the same thing.
They would never go back..
If that doesn´t tell you something then no one can make you understand kid..

Now back to your regular programming of posting scrap stacked ontop of scrap....

Last edited:
Back