Ranking System

SFC

I would rather remain an NCO than be an Officer. Why does the ranking system stop at a Sergeant E-5 and not continue through Staff Sergeant E-6, Sergeant First Class E-7, Master Sergeant/First Sergeant E-8, Staff Sergeant Major E9, Command Sergeant Major E9 and allow the Moderators to hold the positions of Officers.

Thanks
SFC

The simple reason is that those NCO ranks are US only, and as the title of this forum says this is an International forum. :)

So I've used the "standard" ranks up to general, since most countries uses them. (at least the names)

The rank system may be "upgraded" a bit soon.

Redleg said:
The simple reason is that those NCO ranks are US only, and as the title of this forum says this is an International forum. :)

So I've used the "standard" ranks up to general, since most countries uses them. (at least the names)

The rank system may be "upgraded" a bit soon.

Thank You for your reply, I will look forward to the upgrade

Thanks
SFC

silent driller said:
Cooooool. Maybe we can have a Sergeant Major! I think it's a pretty common rank(in its various forms) among our militaries.

I don't think I'll add sgtmaj, but only use the "plain" sergeant rank.

One plan I have is to use rank images from different countries, but the only "problem" I have now is to choose what countries to use, and who's going to be at the top and bottom of the rank system.. :lol:

I have rank images from several different countries, but as I said, the problem is to decide who's going to be at the top of the rank system, and who will be at the bottom... :)

Apparently, Field Marshall and/or Five Star General are not going to be potential ranks. I think that maybe they ought to be attainable for some ludicrous post total along the lines of 10,000 or something like that.

As far as the NCO business goes, I guess that the NCO's from some other NATO countries works differently, so we have to make the thing universal or whatever. You could go for the ultimate NCO for your avatar:
usa-army-shoulder-marks_20.gif

SFC said:
That's a tough call, How many countries will be represented?

Don't know.. :)

Haven't decided what to do with with the rank system yet.
We are discussing it now, so we'll see what we can come up with.

All suggestions are welcome, but as thunder said here, I don't think we'll use NCO ranks, since they are different for each country, and many countries doens't have NCOs (including Norway).

In the US Military NCO Ranks/Grades there are a possible 12 to select from, i.e., Private E-1, Private E-2, Private First Class, Corporal E-4, Sergeant E-5, Staff Sergeant E-6, Sergeant First Class E-7, Master Sergeant E-8, First Sergeant E-8, Staff Sergeant Magor E-9, Command Sergeant Magor E-9, Command Sergeant Magor of the Army E-9.

Select 12 countries throw them in a hat, draw the country and select the rank/grade in accordance with the country seleced as some countries have fewer ranks/grades than others.

SFC

I'd go with the NCO rank instead of Officer but probably would suddenly die if it was Army rank :lol:

While we're talking about ranks :eek:fftopic: Did anyone notice how fast GodofThunder got to General? Holy crap! I am shamed! I will be exiled from country!

Nicer looking ranks would be nice. These are great, but could be a little better. Not a big deal though.

Back