Ranking System

--

October 18th, 2004  
SFC

Topic: Ranking System

I would rather remain an NCO than be an Officer. Why does the ranking system stop at a Sergeant E-5 and not continue through Staff Sergeant E-6, Sergeant First Class E-7, Master Sergeant/First Sergeant E-8, Staff Sergeant Major E9, Command Sergeant Major E9 and allow the Moderators to hold the positions of Officers.

Thanks
SFC
October 18th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Makes it easier that way, or Redled the almighty Admin of them all wanted it the way it is. We may never know.
October 18th, 2004  
silent driller

I was always a bit curious on that subject, too. Never enough to ask though.
--
October 18th, 2004  
Redleg

The simple reason is that those NCO ranks are US only, and as the title of this forum says this is an International forum.

So I've used the "standard" ranks up to general, since most countries uses them. (at least the names)

The rank system may be "upgraded" a bit soon.
October 19th, 2004  
silent driller

Cooooool. Maybe we can have a Sergeant Major! I think it's a pretty common rank(in its various forms) among our militaries.
October 19th, 2004  
SFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
The simple reason is that those NCO ranks are US only, and as the title of this forum says this is an International forum.

So I've used the "standard" ranks up to general, since most countries uses them. (at least the names)

The rank system may be "upgraded" a bit soon.
Thank You for your reply, I will look forward to the upgrade

Thanks
SFC
October 19th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Cooooool. Maybe we can have a Sergeant Major! I think it's a pretty common rank(in its various forms) among our militaries.
I don't think I'll add sgtmaj, but only use the "plain" sergeant rank.

One plan I have is to use rank images from different countries, but the only "problem" I have now is to choose what countries to use, and who's going to be at the top and bottom of the rank system..
October 20th, 2004  
SFC

This may helphttp://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...litary%20ranks

SFC
October 20th, 2004  
Redleg

I have rank images from several different countries, but as I said, the problem is to decide who's going to be at the top of the rank system, and who will be at the bottom...
October 21st, 2004  
SFC

That's a tough call, How many countries will be represented?

SFC