Ranking System - Page 2

--

October 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Apparently, Field Marshall and/or Five Star General are not going to be potential ranks. I think that maybe they ought to be attainable for some ludicrous post total along the lines of 10,000 or something like that.

As far as the NCO business goes, I guess that the NCO's from some other NATO countries works differently, so we have to make the thing universal or whatever. You could go for the ultimate NCO for your avatar:
October 21st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC
That's a tough call, How many countries will be represented?
Don't know..

Haven't decided what to do with with the rank system yet.
We are discussing it now, so we'll see what we can come up with.

All suggestions are welcome, but as thunder said here, I don't think we'll use NCO ranks, since they are different for each country, and many countries doens't have NCOs (including Norway).
October 21st, 2004  
SFC

In the US Military NCO Ranks/Grades there are a possible 12 to select from, i.e., Private E-1, Private E-2, Private First Class, Corporal E-4, Sergeant E-5, Staff Sergeant E-6, Sergeant First Class E-7, Master Sergeant E-8, First Sergeant E-8, Staff Sergeant Magor E-9, Command Sergeant Magor E-9, Command Sergeant Magor of the Army E-9.

Select 12 countries throw them in a hat, draw the country and select the rank/grade in accordance with the country seleced as some countries have fewer ranks/grades than others.

SFC
--
October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

I'd go with the NCO rank instead of Officer but probably would suddenly die if it was Army rank
October 22nd, 2004  
Darkmb101

or you could pick one rank from every nation/service and boom you have a bijillion international ranks
October 25th, 2004  
silent driller

While we're talking about ranks Did anyone notice how fast GodofThunder got to General? Holy crap! I am shamed! I will be exiled from country!
October 29th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Nicer looking ranks would be nice. These are great, but could be a little better. Not a big deal though.