Rank Top 10 Best Jet Fighters in the World

This has always bothered me, As far as i know the F-117 has no air to air capabilities so why does it carry the Fighter designation instead of the bomber or B-117.

Well, in my opinion the best bird in the air is the A-10 thunderbolt II. Also known as the Warthog or my favorite. The "Devil's Cross". And yes, it did get a air to air kill. It shot down a Iraqi Mil 24 Hind in the first Gulf War.

might be a good idea to also include the mirage 2000 or 2000-5. It certainly deserves a place in there if you're including the falcon, eagle and hornet.

5.56X45mm said:
Well, in my opinion the best bird in the air is the A-10 thunderbolt II. Also known as the Warthog or my favorite. The "Devil's Cross". And yes, it did get a air to air kill. It shot down a Iraqi Mil 24 Hind in the first Gulf War.

crap. i agree with you

Yeah, I agree the A-10 should be on that list.

And there is really no competition with the F-22 at all. The F-35 is a next-gen air-platform but the F-22 is a generation beyond even that. In the training sessions they do the pilot in the F-22 regularly expends all of his "ammunition" before a whole squadron of F-15s or F-16s piloted by F-22 pilots can even spot him regardless of the tactics employed.

A-10's really r only good at one thing and thats pretty much air to dirt. F-22 and x-35's r jets and they r fighters. so they do deserve 1 and 2

specialasiankid said:
A-10's really r only good at one thing and thats pretty much air to dirt. F-22 and x-35's r jets and they r fighters. so they do deserve 1 and 2

I just said the A-10 because I'm a ground pounder and when ever I saw those birds in the air. I knew that I was safe.

Actually the F-35 and the F/A-22 are on par. The differnce is that the F-35 is filling the roll of the F-4 Phantom II. That was the first true mutli-role fighter. The US Marines Corps, Air Foce, and Navy used it. The F-35 is going to fill that roll. And the F/A-22 is filling the roll of the F-16/F-15 mutli-role aspect. It will be both a Air-Air fighter and a Ground Support Aircraft too. The only reason why the Marine Corps or Navy isn't going with the F/A-22 is becuae they can't fit tha bird on a carrier. The F-35 was designed from the ground up to be a carrier capable bird. And when she was first built Lockheed Martin called her the J-35 (JOINT STRIKE FIGHTER PROGRAM).

Why is the F-14D higher than the F/A-18 Super Hornet variants on that list? The F-14D is being phased out, and the Rhino is just coming into full service...there's a generation gap between them.

F/A-18 Super Hornet is the best I reckon, the avionics are amazing. But then thats just personal opinion. Sure some are getting retire soon 2010 but they still are fantastic.
Fulcrum MiG-29M would definitly be in my all time top 5,was one of the best single-seat supersonic jets around. Great enemy air target distances at all att.

why is the F-15C so low on the lists? #3 is calling for those 15Charlies!!!and the F-117 is a fighter because (based on my knowledge) it is air-to-air capable. as far i have been able to figure out, they can carry sidewinders and other missiles in the bomb bay. i am not 100% positive, but thats how i understood it. the F-14D is old, get it out of their. in its day, sure, it was good, but not now. F-15C's, baby!!!

I'm going with

F15
F16
F22
F35

I dislike the Euroufighter. Theres nothing realy defining about it. It's the MiG-29, thought to be a big, scray jet and when we caught one it was a peice of junk.

Back