Rank Top 10 Best Jet Fighters in the World

How can you compare a 1940's jet fighter with one from 21st Century yet each one was very advanced for it's time. Also as there is a much younger element here then they are more likely to vote for what they know rather that what was out standing in it's time.

LeEnfield said:
How can you compare a 1940's jet fighter with one from 21st Century yet each one was very advanced for it's time. Also as there is a much younger element here then they are more likely to vote for what they know rather that what was out standing in it's time.

I concur. And for that reason I vote for the McDonnell/Douglas F-4 Phantom II. It entered US service in 1958 and was retired in 1995. No other fighter aircraft has a service record that long. The aircraft flew every traditional military mission: air superiority, close air support, interception, air defense suppression, long-range strike, fleet defense, attack and reconnaissance.

Top 6

F-14
F-18
F-16
F-22
F-4 Phantom
F-15

Also the A-10 is not a fighter its for ground attack but can carry air to air.

Na man i love your patriotism but the Rafale and Su-37 would fly circles around some of those planes. Namely the F4

In terms of sexyness the Rafale or the Y/F-23 does it for me.

F-23
north-f23.jpg

Rafale
rafale.jpg

My choices
1 F/A-22
2 F-15
3 SU-27
4 F-4
5 F-14
6 F-18
7 Eurofighter
8 MIG-29
9 RAFALE
10 F-105
mmmmmm,difficult.

I did visited where F-22 and F-35 were made factor in Fort Worth, Texas. I don't remember name of that factor. I believe F-22 Raptor is the best one.

1. F-22 Raptor
2. F-15 Eagle
3. MiG-29 Fulcrum
4. F-16 Falcon
5. F-18 Hornet
6. Su-27 Flanker
7. Mirage 2000
8. F-14 Tomcat
9. MiG-25 Foxbat
10. Rafale

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

F-104 Starfighter (13)
BAC Lightning (14)
Eurofighter Typhoon (12)
F-4 Phantom II (11)

I wouldn't count out the MiG29 and 31, or the Su37!

But consider this. With the next generation of missiles and radars, most "dogfights" will probably take place at distances of over 150 miles, and a properly equipped C-130 just might be more than a good match for an entire squadron of F22 raptors.

A good friend of mine flies F/A 18s, and he tells me that he truly believes that his generation of pilots will be the last true "fighter" pilots.

He is convinced that the F22 will be the last manned combat aircraft ever built by the U.S. He thinks that in a few years, even the, C-130, C-17 and and B1B/B2 will be retrofitted to UAVs.

Who knows?????

1- MiG 1.42
2- F 22 Raptor
3- S37 Berkut
4- F 35
5- Flankers (Best operational fighters)
6- Rafale
7- F15
8- F14
9- F16
10- MiG 29 F

Good list, pretty close to mine. Switch around the Mig and the F-22 and it would be little bit more correct. And the F-22 is now operatioinal, and deployed.

Rabs said:
This has always bothered me, As far as i know the F-117 has no air to air capabilities so why does it carry the Fighter designation instead of the bomber or B-117.

the Fighter designation was used so the funding would be put foward. at the time congress was not funding new bombers

Back