Rank the Tank!

Whispering Death

Alright, since there seems to be a brewing discussion in a bunch of other threads about which tank is best I'll take the initiative and create the thread of its own.

So now you are free FREE to rate the tanks of the world and share your opinions one who'se is best!

For me:
1) Challenger 2
2) M1A2
3) Leopard 2
4) Merkava 4 (Somehow I think Sherman is about to school me for putting his tank last :p )

EDIT: The reason I place the Challenger 2 in so high esteem is because I know of many stories about its usefullness. I know for a fact one was disabled and hit by 8 RPGs and 1 Anti-tank missile. I also know that it holds the world record for longest tank to tank kill at 2 miles. For these reasons and more I place my ultimate faith in the Challenger 2 MBT.

Youll find many topics like this if you will search.
We had a whole "trurnament", that was et up with polls. The result was:

1: M1A2
2: Leopard 2A6
3: Merkava MK 4

The fourth place was taken by the Type 85, but that was due to the Challenger meeting the M1A2 in one of the quarter finals, and the Type 85 having very week opposition on it's way up. My top four:

1) Merkava Mk. 4
2) Abrams M1A2
3) Leopard 2A6
4) Challenger 2

1. M1A2SEP
2. Merkava Mk 4
3. Leopard 2A6
4. Challenger 2
5. Leclerc
6. T-90M
7. T-80UM1
8. Type 98G
9. T-72M1M
10. Al-Khalid

One should note that in the first 5, there's not much of a difference in capability. The only reason I rate the M1A2SEP first is because of the M289A3 and x50 FLIR, which gives it a little advantage on the offensive. I'm still a little undecided on the Merkava Mk 4 and Leopard.

Time said:
Challenger 2
Leclerc
M1Abrams-A2 version
Leopard
Type99

I like your list. THe challenger 2 is one incredible machine as well as the Leclerc, Abrams2, Leopard, and Type 99. Though i know all of the specs about the first 4 does anyone have the specs for the Type 99. Nobody seems to have credible evidence of this new tank and its abilities. How good is this thing?

Meh, the Leclerc looks good on paper but I'm not trusting it until it has seen action. The French have a history of building weapons that look great on paper but are completely worthless in combat; Chauchat, Charles Du-Guaulle.

band 1

abrams
merkava
challenger 2

band 2

leopard
leclerc
T-90
m60a3 - these things can still be upgraded to meet modern day needs (e.g. Sabra)

band 3

rest

Whispering Death said:
Meh, the Leclerc looks good on paper but I'm not trusting it until it has seen action. The French have a history of building weapons that look great on paper but are completely worthless in combat; Chauchat, Charles Du-Guaulle.

in french case, but given a good crew they can be awesome weps...
however the french arnt the only country to build tanks which were flops...

us: sheridan, stryker (not a tank), M1a1 (before general tal came in)

britain: churchil, cruiser tank

russia: t-72 (early versions)

israel: took alot of deaths before ERA and added armor became the standard, i lost a cousin who died in a centurion...

Merkava MK 4
STRV 122
Challanger 2
M1A2 SEP
T-90
Leclerc (haven't seen enough of this one hens the low rating.

AsianAmerican said:
Time said:
Challenger 2
Leclerc
M1Abrams-A2 version
Leopard
Type99

I like your list. THe challenger 2 is one incredible machine as well as the Leclerc, Abrams2, Leopard, and Type 99. Though i know all of the specs about the first 4 does anyone have the specs for the Type 99. Nobody seems to have credible evidence of this new tank and its abilities. How good is this thing?

It's basically a T-72 with a dazzler laser on top. Plus it can fire a mean DU APFSDS with 800+mm of penetration.

And rocco did you just call the M1A1 a flop?

rocco said:
band 1

abrams
merkava
challenger 2

band 2

leopard
leclerc
T-90
m60a3 - these things can still be upgraded to meet modern day needs (e.g. Sabra)

band 3

rest

Hmmm you'd honestly put in a Leopard 2A6 (which I assume is what you mean when you say Leopard) in the same category as an M60A3? :roll:

It's one of the best tanks in the world man. And while you're at it, the Leclerc is also band 1.

Here are some pictures of best ones you guys choose.

Merkava
merkava4_9.jpg

Leo2
Leo2A6EX.jpg

Leclerc
leclerc2.jpg

Challenger 2
challenger2.jpg

Abrams
abram15.jpg

Type 98G-99
pla_tank02.jpg