Rank the Tank! - Page 24

--

September 27th, 2005  
warhappy100

Seaman the M1A2 maybe multifuel but regardless so its still a gas
hoggy and besides the Leo2A6 with a APU makes M1A1/A2 SEP users wish for a APU cause as of right now its the king gas hog while the Leo2A6 more economical for all want a bad killing machine.

Aussies were smart to buy M1A1s without DU there smart
consumer and wise but why did'nt Leo2A6 win They previously had Leo1s
September 27th, 2005  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhappy100
Aussies were smart to buy M1A1s without DU there smart consumer and wise but why did'nt Leo2A6 win They previously had Leo1s
Possibly a political decision as much as a military one.
September 27th, 2005  
Craftsman

Quote:
Possibly a political decision as much as a military one.
Spot on.
--
September 27th, 2005  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
"A2 maybe a gas hog, but then again it takes four types of fuel"

Leopard 2A5 and up (not sure about A4 fut expect the same from it) can take several different kinds of fuel, its a multi fuel engine.
Tubine?
No? I'm sure you know what engine the Leo 2 A5 got

Even a normal diesel engine in your ordinary car is multifuel, well for most part atleast
September 27th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Leopard 2A5 and up (not sure about A4 fut expect the same from it) can take several different kinds of fuel, its a multi fuel engine.
Tubine?

Even a normal diesel engine in your ordinary car is multifuel, well for most part atleast
Ya, but can it take diesel, JP-8, gasoline, and kero.
September 27th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Seaman the M1A2 maybe multifuel but regardless so its still a gas
hoggy and besides the Leo2A6 with a APU makes M1A1/A2 SEP users wish for a APU cause as of right now its the king gas hog while the Leo2A6 more economical for all want a bad killing machine.

Aussies were smart to buy M1A1s without DU there smart
consumer and wise but why did'nt Leo2A6 win They previously had Leo1s
Do you mean Auxillary Power Unit when you say APU?

The M1A2 SEP has a UAAPU that runs off a generator on the turret rack.

The baseline M1A1 has Chobham, the M1A1HC has the added DU mesh. Maybe they disliked the Leo 1's and decided they wanted M1's.
September 28th, 2005  
AlexKall

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tubine?

Yes a diesel can take diesel JP-8, not sure, but it can take Ethanol. And no I don't know every type of fuel it can take. I'll try to find out, unless someone here knows
September 28th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tubine?

Yes a diesel can take diesel JP-8, not sure, but it can take Ethanol. And no I don't know every type of fuel it can take. I'll try to find out, unless someone here knows
Almost anything can take Ethanol.
September 28th, 2005  
warhappy100

Yep auxiliary power unit besides and what M1A2 is just rush setup and not in very wise spot.

Tanks are for killing big time, APC/IFV are for carrying fresh meat for the grinder.
September 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Yep auxiliary power unit besides and what M1A2 is just rush setup and not in very wise spot.

Tanks are for killing big time, APC/IFV are for carrying fresh meat for the grinder.
What? You have totally lost me.

Quote:
The UAAPU (Under Armor Auxillary Power Unit) consist of a turbine engine, a generator, and a hydraulic pump. The generator is capable of producing 6 Kilowatts of electrical power at 214 Amps, 28 vdc, and the hydraulic pump is capable of delivering 10 Kilowatts of hydraulic power. The UAAPU can meet the electrical and hydraulic power to operate all electronic and hydraulic components used during mounted surveilance operations and charge the tank's main batteries. The UAAPU will reduce Operational and Support cost by utilizing the same fuel as the tank at a reduced rate of 3-5 gallons per operational hour. The UAAPU is mounted on the left rear sponson fuel cell area and weighs 510 pounds.