August 21st, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET
challenger2
How so?
August 28th, 2005  
ill be damed if i know

Right i was thinking about this and i came to the conclusion that ther is no one best tank,different tanks have different strenghts eg challenger armour and abraham m1 fire power and so on.
August 28th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill be damed if i know
Right i was thinking about this and i came to the conclusion that ther is no one best tank,different tanks have different strenghts eg challenger armour and abraham m1 fire power and so on.
The Challenger and M1 have the same armor and same gun caliber.

Well the M1 was made for long range, heavy tank battles.

M1 has apeed, armor, and fire power.
August 28th, 2005  
LeEnfield

It should be remembered that the only thing that has knocked a Challenger 2 is another Challenger 2. This happened in a fire fight in Iraq during a dust storm.
August 28th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
It should be remembered that the only thing that has knocked a Challenger 2 is another Challenger 2. This happened in a fire fight in Iraq during a dust storm.
Ya, no M1A1/A2 has ever been totally knocked out, only damaged. Only time I heard on an M1 being totally destroyed was by another M1A1/A2.

Question, how did the dust affect the tanks sight? The M1 uses thermal sights.
August 29th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Cadet Seamen Have you ever been in one of those giant dust storms you can get the desert, you are looking at a solid wall of dirt flying around, even the thermal sights are blocked, the dam stuff can even remove the paint from vehicle. On this occasion the tank went of course and appeared right in front of the another Challenger and gunner let him have it, no one was killed but the tank was knocked but later recovered and repaired
August 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Cadet Seamen Have you ever been in one of those giant dust storms you can get the desert, you are looking at a solid wall of dirt flying around, even the thermal sights are blocked, the dam stuff can even remove the paint from vehicle. On this occasion the tank went of course and appeared right in front of the another Challenger and gunner let him have it, no one was killed but the tank was knocked but later recovered and repaired
No haven't been caught in Iraqm but I have in Texas. Strange, the 2 Gen. TIS on the M1 isn't effected by dust, smoke, or anything of the like.