Rank the Tank! - Page 19

--

July 30th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguy201
Can some one please tell me why the T-90 has not been properly acknolleged? This bugs me... le cler above the T-90... omg h**l has risen to earth... i it due to lack of combat experience??? Good Lord... And no i didnt read the million pages of insane incompetance writen on this subject...
I think that t-90 is one of the best tanks on earth and its sure better then the leclerc.
July 30th, 2005  
AlexKall

Quote:
Can some one please tell me why the T-90 has not been properly acknolleged? This bugs me... le cler above the T-90... omg h**l has risen to earth... i it due to lack of combat experience??? Good Lord... And no i didnt read the million pages of insane incompetance writen on this subject...
Discomenting on people posts saying they are incompitent wont get you far.
July 30th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
The Leclerc is better then the T-90

It has a better gun, better fire control, better ammo, better autoloader, more survivable, easier to repair and maintain, comparable APS.
--
August 10th, 2005  
specialasiankid

1. Type-99
2. M1A2
3. Type-98 with a 140mm cannon
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
August 12th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialasiankid
1. Type-99
2. M1A2
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
The Type-99 and 98 need to be at the bottom.

The Meo, Challenger and Abrams all are the top, its not a matter of how bing your gun is, but what you shoot out of it.
August 12th, 2005  
TBA_PAKI

Quote:
1. Type-99
2. M1A2
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
I disagree!

Type-99 is not even ready so we cant judge it.

And Challenger 2 survived more hits then M1A2 Abrams in "War in Iraq". You need to take such accounts in to judgement.

The refined list is like this!

1. Challenger 2
2. M1A2 Abrams
3. Leopard 2 A6
4. Type 98
August 13th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBA_PAKI
Quote:
1. Type-99
2. M1A2
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
I disagree!

And Challenger 2 survived more hits then M1A2 Abrams in "War in Iraq". You need to take such accounts in to judgement.

1. Challenger 2
2. M1A2 Abrams
3. Leopard 2 A6
4. Type 98
Survive more hits from what? RPG's? The M1A2 is a heavy weight beast. Besides the M1A2 has seen more action and has been in more urban fighting.
August 13th, 2005  
TBA_PAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Quote:
1. Type-99
2. M1A2
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
I disagree!

1. Challenger 2
2. M1A2 Abrams
3. Leopard 2 A6
4. Type 98
Survive more hits from what? RPG's? The M1A2 is a heavy weight beast. Besides the M1A2 has seen more action and has been in more urban fighting.
Survived more RPG hits and Challenger II is also a heavy tank but its Chobam II armour makes it an ideal thing.

Also there was a case in which a Challenger II was mistakenly hit by an air-strike by US aircraft and the crew survived with minor wounds.

The UK defence military says that Challenger II has 150 improvements over its predcessor.

But I can say that M1A2 ABRAMS is the most advanced MBT in the world.
August 14th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
Quote:
Quote:
1. Type-99
2. M1A2
4. Challenger 2
5. Leopard 2
I disagree!

1. Challenger 2
2. M1A2 Abrams
3. Leopard 2 A6
4. Type 98
Survived more RPG hits and Challenger II is also a heavy tank but its Chobam II armour makes it an ideal thing.

Also there was a case in which a Challenger II was mistakenly hit by an air-strike by US aircraft and the crew survived with minor wounds.

The UK defence military says that Challenger II has 150 improvements over its predcessor.

But I can say that M1A2 ABRAMS is the most advanced MBT in the world.
Chobam is the same armor the M1A2 has. A Stryker ICV was hit by a 500lb road bomb and survived with some damage and its occupants survived with minor injuries. (Just a comparison)

Not surprising, most heavy armor could survive a airstrike unless it was a direct hit.
August 17th, 2005  
francki

Topic: my little experience

first, sorry for my english
i'm a tank platoon leader in the french army . Our tank is the leclerc so i know a lot of things about it. Its sure that we never use it on a battle field (just in kosovo but without opposition). This tank is very expensive and we just have 350 in the french army. I never use a challenger 2 or a m1a2 but in my career i try leo 2a4, a5 and t72. So if you have questions about the leclerc ask me ?