Rank the Tank! - Page 16

--

July 12th, 2005  
FO Seaman

The T-34 is just like the Sherman.
July 12th, 2005  
WARmachine88

both are great tanks that won the war for us.
A simple design and large number were proven too deadly for German's expensive, unreliable new tanks.
July 12th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Seaman
The T-34 is just like the Sherman.

IT IS NOT! you can just see its 2 different tanks.

Take off your American pride glasses and watch the world with the normal eyes.
--
July 12th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi

No need to raise your voice there. Even if soviet tank crews would have been given nothing but shermans back then the outcome would still be the same.
Personally I don't see so huge difference between the two tanks, especially if talking about the later variant of sherman with that longer barrelled main gun and T-34/85, I don't know so much about shermans flaws or faults but T-34 for sure lacked communication equipment, I've heard that only the command tanks had some kind of radio inside them
July 12th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:

No need to raise your voice there. Even if soviet tank crews would have been given nothing but shermans back then the outcome would still be the same.
Personally I don't see so huge difference between the two tanks, especially if talking about the later variant of sherman with that longer barrelled main gun and T-34/85, I don't know so much about shermans flaws or faults but T-34 for sure lacked communication equipment, I've heard that only the command tanks had some kind of radio inside them
July 12th, 2005  
Snauhi

the outcome wouldent be the same, Shermans cant handle the russian winter and muddy roads.
July 13th, 2005  
WARmachine88

I think Cadet Seaman means that the tactics of Shermans and T-34s and their impacts are pretty much the same:

1. both used numbers to beat the quality-superior german tanks
2. both were the critical factors for the final victory of ww2.
3. both are simpily designed and mass produced.
July 13th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokeisthebest
I think Cadet Seaman means that the tactics of Shermans and T-34s and their impacts are pretty much the same:

yeah everything is right expect the first point, T-34 was better then almost any german tank expect Tiger series.
July 13th, 2005  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Quote:

yeah everything is right expect the first point, T-34 was better then almost any german tank expect Tiger series.
And the Panther series of course. IMO the Panther was the best tank in WW2, though it was a German copy of the T-34.
July 14th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Quote:
Quote:

And the Panther series of course. IMO the Panther was the best tank in WW2, though it was a German copy of the T-34.
Yeah i forgot about that.