Rank Structure - Page 2

--

October 14th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorseredleg
That's cool and all, USAF, but I guess my question is, "What's the big deal with rank on the forum?" I mean, being a general doesn't give you any additonal benefits or anything, does it? Isn't it just kinda bragging rights?
More or less, but hey stars are stars. And if the generals are selected, well then they obviously are of good material
October 14th, 2005  
ironhorseredleg

I guess that logic should work. I mean that's why we elect politicians and select justices, right?
October 15th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
That's cool and all, USAF, but I guess my question is, "What's the big deal with rank on the forum?" I mean, being a general doesn't give you any additonal benefits or anything, does it? Isn't it just kinda bragging rights?
I agree. The rank doesn't mean squat to me. I just like the forum and the people (with a very few exceptions, most of whom have been banned) who post here.
--
October 16th, 2005  
Redleg

The rank system will be changed soon.. 8)
October 16th, 2005  
Navy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFAUX2004
Quote:
I'm fine with changing the rank structure if you have the time and it's important, but it really seems like an issue for "generals" more than for "newbs." Is there really a problem with the rank structure, or are a few frequent posters just trying to remain elite? Don't know. Just askin'.
Well I remember that at first I tried to get to Colonel pretty fast (and I did) Took me about 2 months to get to Brigadier general. Another forum that I am on has a promotion to general at the Mods discretion, which means that even if you get 500 posts does not mean you get promoted at 500. I saw a colonel with a 1000+ because he hasn't been promoted.

This is their Chart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntsMilitary
"Enlisted Member Rankings:

E-1 ------- 0 posts
E-2 ------- 1 post
E-3 ------- 3 posts
E-4 ------- 5 posts
E-5 ------ 10 posts
E-6 ------ 20 posts
E-7 ------ 30 posts
E-8 ------ 50 posts
E-9 ------ 70 posts
E-9 ------ 90 posts

Members will remain at the rank of E-9 until reaching 120 posts, at which point they will automatically be promoted to the "Commissioned Officer" member group. This group contains the following set of rankings:

Commissioned Officer Rankings:

O-1 ---- 120 posts
O-2 ---- 150 posts
O-3 ---- 190 posts
O-4 ---- 240 posts
O-5 ---- 300 posts
O-6 ---- 400 posts

After reaching 400 posts, a member's rank in the forum will be capped at O-6. From this point, selections will be made on occassion to allow certain members with exemplary records in the forum to be included in the "Flag Officers" member group. Members within this group will not receive caps on their rank level, and may continue their promotion scale up to full general. The remaining ranking scale may be found below:

Flag Officer Rankings:

O-7 ------------------------- 500 posts
O-8 ------------------------- 600 posts
O-9 ------------------------- 700 posts
O-10 ----------------------- 800 posts
General of the Forum -- 1000 posts.
This is what I was thinking about, just with bigger numbers like 10000 posts for General of the Forum
That's a great idea for the board's ranks.
October 16th, 2005  
OORAH

looks like i'll be busted down.

o well, thats the military for ya.

October 17th, 2005  
Redleg

I can't say what we'll change it to yet, but we wont be using the same (US) ranks as we have today.
October 17th, 2005  
Navy Boy

Can we use the Merine core or the Navy ranks?
October 18th, 2005  
rotc boy

i think he means Marine Corps
October 18th, 2005  
The Cooler King

How about Luftwaffe ranks?