Rank joke...

Nefertiti

A young Second Lieutenant approaches the crusty old CSM and asked about the origin of the commissioned officer insignias.

The CSM replied, "It's history and tradition ... First we give you a gold bar representing that you are very valuable and also malleable. The silver bar also represents significant value, but is less malleable. When you make Captain, your value doubles, hence the two silver bars. As a Colonel you soar over military masses, hence the eagle. As a General, you are, obviously, a star. Does that answer your question?"

"Yes," said the Second Lieutenant, "but what about Majors and Lieutenant Colonels?"

"That goes waaaay back in history ... to the Garden of Eden even. You see we've always covered our pricks with leaves."

I feel the need for the obligitory *ba-dum-ching* drum noise at the end of this joke. :lol:

Cindi

I'm gonna try to avoid using that around my JROTC instructors... one of them being a major... funny nonetheless

Damien said:
I'm gonna try to avoid using that around my JROTC instructors... one of them being a major... funny nonetheless

Yes, but I don't think it really counts there, since a JROTC C/Maj is a diamond, unless it was senior staff.

Great Joke, Made the mistake of blurting it out with a couple of Commanders in the space. :oops: Everybody else thought it was hilarious.

Trevor said:
Damien said:

Yes, but I don't think it really counts there, since a JROTC C/Maj is a diamond, unless it was senior staff.

I think hes talking bout his SMI (or equivalent)

Nefertiti said:
A young Second Lieutenant approaches the crusty old CSM and asked about the origin of the commissioned officer insignias.

The CSM replied, "It's history and tradition ... First we give you a gold bar representing that you are very valuable and also malleable. The silver bar also represents significant value, but is less malleable. When you make Captain, your value doubles, hence the two silver bars. As a Colonel you soar over military masses, hence the eagle. As a General, you are, obviously, a star. Does that answer your question?"

"Yes," said the Second Lieutenant, "but what about Majors and Lieutenant Colonels?"

"That goes waaaay back in history ... to the Garden of Eden even. You see we've always covered our pricks with leaves."

I feel the need for the obligitory *ba-dum-ching* drum noise at the end of this joke. :lol:

Cindi
:lol: :lol:

Back