Ranger Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilo 0911 w86

I know this topic has been addressed a little in previous threads, however I dont think I have had my question properly addressed thus far. I was thinking about joining the army and signing a "ranger contract" because being an army ranger is something that has appealed to me for a very long time and something that I believe I would do great at... But recently a friend of mine that is in a ROTC program talked me into trying to become an officer insted of regular inlisted (I am doing well in college with a 3.5 gpa). However, there is not a lot of info about becomeing an officer as a ranger in a ranger battalion. Because I have heard that recruiters do not give accurate info (my brother has already been screwed in several ways) I was wondering if anyone could give me any additional info on this topic and what my chances are in getting a chance to go through the trainings (basic, ocs, airborn, rop), and if successfuly completed getting an assignement to a Ranger battalion as an officer. I am confident in my abilities, however I'm not sure I would like an assignment other than this, which makes me hesitant to join... If anyone has info that would be helpful I would appreiciate it, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back