Rangel: An Attack On Bush Is An Attack On All Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother posting when the only thing you will accomplish is causing people to tune you out in the future?

Because when the bulk of your posts are solely complaining that people who dont share your opinion have no right to post then whats the point, this is a political forum on an international website do you (figuratively) honestly believe that anyone is going to accept a "you have no right to an opinion thats not the same as mine" view.

To coin a phrase here who died and left you in charge?

Seriously if your only input to a comment is "you have no right to an opinion" then why bother posting?

In fact how about you just add me to your ever growing ignore list as well that way we wont pester the others with pointless messages.

Which part of "you are on the outside looking in" do you not understand?

I didn't say you didn't have a right to comment, I indicated that your opinion is not based on the American experience.

Because when the bulk of your posts are solely complaining that people who dont share your opinion have no right to post then whats the point, this is a political forum on an international website do you (figuratively) honestly believe that anyone is going to accept a "you have no right to an opinion thats not the same as mine" view.

It is aparent to me that you cannot see above your prejuices to understand what I've said.

You can stand outside of a fishbowl and look at the fish. You know that they swim and live in water, but beyond that you do not know how the conditions they live in affect their being.

You on the other hand seem to have a one track mind and it is stuck in neutral.

Sounded like it.

What I said is that you, not being an American, have no right to criticize our government AND you need to realize that criticizing our government is criticizing the American people, which we won't take lightly.

What I said is that you, not being an American, have no right to criticize our government AND you need to realize that criticizing our government is criticizing the American people, which we won't take lightly.

Well then we are just going to have to agree to disagree because as I have said previously where your government or any government does things that affect me or my country I will comment.
I am sorry you feel your government is above criticism but its a fact of life.

Well then we are just going to have to agree to disagree because as I have said previously where your government or any government does things that affect me or my country I will comment.
I am sorry you feel your government is above criticism but its a fact of life.

How about telling us how the government of the U.S. has an effect on you or your country.

So by that same token doesn't that mean you dont have the right to criticize other countries? I guess that means no more discussions about North Korea or the Middle East or Iran.

Its a totally ridicuous arguement, he might not be correct, but he absolutly has the right.

Some of you people need to learn be able to take criticism better...

Care to join me on his ignore list? ...

To coin a phrase here who died and left you in charge?

Seriously if your only input to a comment is "you have no right to an opinion" then why bother posting?

In fact how about you just add me to your ever growing ignore list as well that way we wont pester the others with pointless messages.
I would be proud to have you join me on Senior Chief's ignore list.

When I was on active duty, I was subject to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), and had 'temporarily' given up my 'right of dissent' where the President was concerned because he is the CinC. I bore true faith to my pledge to my country during my service, and NEVER had anything negative to say about the President ... however ... once I had retired, I was no longer subject to the UCMJ and my right of dissent was re-instated.

Senior Chief seems to think that as an ex-military man, I will be eternally subject to NOT being able to exercise my right of dissent. What he is really saying though, is I don't have a right make ANY comment that does NOT agree with his opinion.

I believe it is my right to post my belief, that the current President has broken our law and violated the Constitution, without being subjected to a 'judgement' from a SUPER CHIEF and TIN GOD because it doesn't jibe with his beliefs.

Based upon his actions, I am beginning to wonder if he ever wore a Khaki uniform ... for sure his actions are NOT those of a Chief Petty Officer ... he is acting more like an Ensign that has had a Chief tell him to stop acting like a little tin god (something that crops up once in awhile).

One good thing is I no longer have to put up with his crap ... I AM ON HIS IGNORE LIST.

CARE TO JOIN ME?

How about telling us how the government of the U.S. has an effect on you or your country.

"New Zealand is a country heavily dependent on trade, particularly in agricultural products, as almost 20% of the country's output is exported (by comparison it is 21% for the United Kingdom, 49% for Finland and 83% for Belgium). This leaves New Zealand particularly vulnerable to slumps in commodity prices and global economic slowdowns. Its principal export industries are agriculture, horticulture, fishing and forestry making up about half of the country's exports. Its major export partners are Australia 22.4%, US 11.3%, Japan 11.2%, China 9.7%, Germany 5.2% (2004). " Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_zealand#Economy

This shows it is dependant on not only the world economy (of which America is a HUGE part), but also on the US itself, being that it is its 2nd largest trading partner.

This is most likely not the only aspect, but since I cant find a good, spelled out source on the effect of the US on New Zealand other than this, we will leave it at that.

Note: I am from the US, just had some time, and got here before monty.

When I was on active duty, I was subject to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), and had 'temporarily' given up my 'right of dissent' where the President was concerned because he is the CinC. I bore true faith to my pledge to my country during my service, and NEVER had anything negative to say about the President ... however ... once I had retired, I was no longer subject to the UCMJ and my right of dissent was re-instated.

Senior Chief seems to think that as an ex-military man, I will be eternally subject to NOT being able to exercise my right of dissent. What he is really saying though, is I don't have a right make ANY comment that does NOT agree with his opinion.

I believe it is my right to post my belief, that the current President has broken our law and violated the Constitution, without being subjected to a 'judgement' from a SUPER CHIEF and TIN GOD because it doesn't jibe with his beliefs.

Based upon his actions, I am beginning to wonder if he ever wore a Khaki uniform ... for sure his actions are NOT those of a Chief Petty Officer ... he is acting more like an Ensign that has had a Chief tell him to stop acting like a little tin god (something that crops up once in awhile).

One good thing is I no longer have to put up with his crap ... I AM ON HIS IGNORE LIST.

CARE TO JOIN ME?

I beat you to it Chief Bones, I was added to his ignore list last Sunday after I caught him spouting insults behind my back. Not only does he not tolerate people's right to disagree, he also doesnt like it if you treat him the same way he treats others. At least I wont have to listen to him either...

Last edited:
"New Zealand is a country heavily dependent on trade, particularly in agricultural products, as almost 20% of the country's output is exported (by comparison it is 21% for the United Kingdom, 49% for Finland and 83% for Belgium). This leaves New Zealand particularly vulnerable to slumps in commodity prices and global economic slowdowns. Its principal export industries are agriculture, horticulture, fishing and forestry making up about half of the country's exports. Its major export partners are Australia 22.4%, US 11.3%, Japan 11.2%, China 9.7%, Germany 5.2% (2004). " Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_zealand#Economy

This shows it is dependant on not only the world economy (of which America is a HUGE part), but also on the US itself, being that it is its 2nd largest trading partner.

This is most likely not the only aspect, but since I cant find a good, spelled out source on the effect of the US on New Zealand other than this, we will leave it at that.

I appreciate your research but he indicated that President Bush had a direct impact on his country. I don't agree, the economy of the U.S. is only partially impacted by the President. The media and fears in general wreak havoc on the stock market. If it is printed or reported that Bill Clinton's spincter has failed him the market can drop by 100 points. The markets are fickle and are not dependent on the Administrations policies.

Alan Greenspan could give a news conference and make me lose $20,000 on my 401K due to the impact on the market.

The economy is not as politically controlled as one might think.

CARE TO JOIN ME?

I don't believe that you are spending this much time arguing a difference of opinion of what is proper and what is not proper.

Just for your edification, I am not the only person that feels that it is improper to slam the President of the U.S. in public as you so freely do. Your freedom of expression seems to outweigh my freedom of expression. You hate the President and are very vocal about it but.....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT? WHINING AND COMPLAINING ON A BB IS NO WAY TO EFFECT CHANGE.

TRY RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT AND MAKE IT BETTER, YOU HAVE TWO YEARS TO GET READY.

If you can't keep your hostility in check how about not exagerating the situation by always falling back to your misinterpetation of what was said?

In other words get involved with the problem or shut up. Camping on my door step does nothing to end the problems you have with your hatred of the President or his policies, I am but one voter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hehe thanks, I think what you have posted does job well and certainly a lot less antagonistic than I probably would have responded so with luck you may have defused another pointless battle of wills (aka a waste of bandwidth).
:)

Chief Bones said:

mmarsh said:
I beat you to it Chief Bones, I was added to his ignore list last Sunday after I caught him spouting insults behind my back. Not only does he not tolerate people's right to disagree, he also doesnt like it if you treat him the same way he treats others. At least I wont have to listen to him either...

Well I guess I am happy to be acccepted into this grouping, I have always accepted that nothing creates a heated debate faster than a friendly discussion on politics or religion but this has reached new heights.

Hehe thanks, I think what you have posted does job well and certainly a lot less antagonistic than I probably would have responded so with luck you may have defused another pointless battle of wills (aka a waste of bandwidth).

[/i][/b]

Well I guess I am happy to be acccepted into this grouping, I have always accepted that nothing creates a heated debate faster than a friendly discussion on politics or religion but this has reached new heights.

I dont' remember adding you to an ignore list. Your arguments have not become like the others. mmarsh was first to be a backstabber, not me. I turned him off because he was the instigator. EX chief bones is another story. He refuses to understand my right to not agree with his bashing of the President.

If you would like to be added to the ignore, please feel free to put me on yours, I won't waste space to put you on iggy.

You fail to mention how the U.S. Government has a direct impact on New Z.

Economics in the U.S. might impact your country but the President is not the sole interface with our economy nor yours.

I'm waiting for a good answer.

BTW, it's not pointless if you are able to make a point and to date you have not. You have only expressed opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back