Range Scores 56K WARNING

pimp_squeak

Went shooting this past weekend with my corps and got the best score of all the cadets in my unit. Only 2 officers did better than me, a 76 and an 88. I had a grouping too but I lost it, here's a scan of my score sheet. Range was 10 meters with 495 FPS Daisy 865(I think) air rifles.
The second one was shooting while kneeling. I now realise how shitty a shot I am.
scan0017.jpg

scan00180hk.jpg

mod edit: I saved it, fixed it on my computer and am hosting the smaller image on my own site.~ Crazy

Cadets are technically only allowed to shoot in the prone position, but because I'm special I got to go in early the second day and try shooting kneeling. The accuracy sheet was prone, my first shot of the day, oddly enough it was also my best shot. I guess I got tired trying to keep all the junior cadets in line. The kneeling grouping of 5 shots was done immediately after my prone grouping of 10 shots. I also did another 10 shots to sight the rifles in but I didn't keep that sheet. I have my other score sheet from later that day, I only got 43 on that one.

nope, I've shot 3 or 4 times before with air cadets and once with a .22 powder rifle...I think it was a remington, I'm not sure. Anyway, definitely not my first time shooting

That's not a great target, but it's not a bad one either. If the grouping was in a certain area (ie: above, below, etc..), I could tell you that your breathing isn't right, you're pulling the trigger too fast, or something along those lines. Either that, or it just wasn't a good day.

I'de call that pretty good for somone that dosent shoot on a routine basis. nice rifle those 865s.
And 10 meters for those size targets is deffenetly not close.

c/LtCdr said:
Nice #5 target... :rambo: Does your unit only qual out to 10m?

That's the standard range distance for Canadian cadets. I think....I've never seen a range any longer/shorter. Just for reference the rings are about 1.5 mm

Hey its the attitude that makes the difference. Pimp_Squeak, you have an outstanding attitude. If you keep it up, never stop fighting towards perfection, NEVER being satisfied and ALWAYS staying consistent, my friend, you could do great things. :rambo:

Ah shooting, my favourite part of cadets.
Yes, im canadian, so i shoot only 15 meters (our squadron does 15... just for fun)

All i can say is, watch your front sights, dont let your sights drift off. And, offhand, does your squadron carry the whole 9 yards (Jacket, gloves, slings... nice rifles?)
A good set of equipement can make the whole difference between a 90 and a 100.

My highest score, prone yes, was 98... il try to dig it up.
I dont really recognise your target, is it kneeling or standing, or prone?
If its one of those, and your canadian, i may see you in nationals, eh.

SS

SharpShooter said:
Ah shooting, my favourite part of cadets.
Yes, im canadian, so i shoot only 15 meters (our squadron does 15... just for fun)

All i can say is, watch your front sights, dont let your sights drift off. And, offhand, does your squadron carry the whole 9 yards (Jacket, gloves, slings... nice rifles?)
A good set of equipement can make the whole difference between a 90 and a 100.

My highest score, prone yes, was 98... il try to dig it up.
I dont really recognise your target, is it kneeling or standing, or prone?
If its one of those, and your canadian, i may see you in nationals, eh.

SS

I doubt you'll see me @ nationals. My corps doesn't have a range team right now and I can't see the CO putting one together in time. All the targets were shot 10 metres in the prone position except the other target like this one, that was done kneeling. We don't have slings on our rifles although they would help ALOT. This target was actually from ye olde days when .22s were still used on the range. It was designed to be used on a 25 metre range but My corps uses it on 10 metres to sight the rifles in.

Trevor said:
I agree. Most people on my range team...or back in the day when I was on the range team averaged in the low 90's.

I never knew you were on the squadron range team.
If you don't mind me asking, who was the RSO back then?

By chance, was Victor heal still around then? Il be damned if he isn't the top shot in canada.

MM

Back