Range Scores 56K WARNING

--

January 19th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Topic: Range Scores 56K WARNING

Went shooting this past weekend with my corps and got the best score of all the cadets in my unit. Only 2 officers did better than me, a 76 and an 88. I had a grouping too but I lost it, here's a scan of my score sheet. Range was 10 meters with 495 FPS Daisy 865(I think) air rifles.
The second one was shooting while kneeling. I now realise how shitty a shot I am.

mod edit: I saved it, fixed it on my computer and am hosting the smaller image on my own site.~ Crazy
January 20th, 2005  
rotc boy

was the first one offhand? if so not to shabby
what was your total score for all 3 positions?
January 20th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Cadets are technically only allowed to shoot in the prone position, but because I'm special I got to go in early the second day and try shooting kneeling. The accuracy sheet was prone, my first shot of the day, oddly enough it was also my best shot. I guess I got tired trying to keep all the junior cadets in line. The kneeling grouping of 5 shots was done immediately after my prone grouping of 10 shots. I also did another 10 shots to sight the rifles in but I didn't keep that sheet. I have my other score sheet from later that day, I only got 43 on that one.
--
January 20th, 2005  
rotc boy

not bad, this wasnt your first time shooting im assuming?...
January 20th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

nope, I've shot 3 or 4 times before with air cadets and once with a .22 powder rifle...I think it was a remington, I'm not sure. Anyway, definitely not my first time shooting
January 20th, 2005  
Joe252

thats pretty close with an rifle....
January 20th, 2005  
AFSteliga

That's not a great target, but it's not a bad one either. If the grouping was in a certain area (ie: above, below, etc..), I could tell you that your breathing isn't right, you're pulling the trigger too fast, or something along those lines. Either that, or it just wasn't a good day.
January 20th, 2005  
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
That's not a great target.
I agree. Most people on my range team...or back in the day when I was on the range team averaged in the low 90's.
January 20th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

which explains why my corps doesn't have a range team:P lol
January 20th, 2005  
Joe252

i agree with thoughs to man that wasnt exactly the best shoot someone could do