Range Scores 56K WARNING - Page 2

--

January 21st, 2005  
Jon Ingalls

I'de call that pretty good for somone that dosent shoot on a routine basis. nice rifle those 865s.
And 10 meters for those size targets is deffenetly not close.
January 21st, 2005  
Joe252

dude i shoot targets like that at a 25yard distace with a pistol
January 21st, 2005  
c/Commander

Nice #5 target... Does your unit only qual out to 10m?
--
January 21st, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by c/LtCdr
Nice #5 target... Does your unit only qual out to 10m?
That's the standard range distance for Canadian cadets. I think....I've never seen a range any longer/shorter. Just for reference the rings are about 1.5 mm
January 23rd, 2005  
CO5060.20

Hey its the attitude that makes the difference. Pimp_Squeak, you have an outstanding attitude. If you keep it up, never stop fighting towards perfection, NEVER being satisfied and ALWAYS staying consistent, my friend, you could do great things.
January 25th, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Did some digging and found my grouping. The middle circle is about 1 1/4 inches across.
February 1st, 2005  
SharpShooter

Ah shooting, my favourite part of cadets.
Yes, im canadian, so i shoot only 15 meters (our squadron does 15... just for fun)

All i can say is, watch your front sights, dont let your sights drift off. And, offhand, does your squadron carry the whole 9 yards (Jacket, gloves, slings... nice rifles?)
A good set of equipement can make the whole difference between a 90 and a 100.

My highest score, prone yes, was 98... il try to dig it up.
I dont really recognise your target, is it kneeling or standing, or prone?
If its one of those, and your canadian, i may see you in nationals, eh.

SS
February 1st, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShooter
Ah shooting, my favourite part of cadets.
Yes, im canadian, so i shoot only 15 meters (our squadron does 15... just for fun)

All i can say is, watch your front sights, dont let your sights drift off. And, offhand, does your squadron carry the whole 9 yards (Jacket, gloves, slings... nice rifles?)
A good set of equipement can make the whole difference between a 90 and a 100.

My highest score, prone yes, was 98... il try to dig it up.
I dont really recognise your target, is it kneeling or standing, or prone?
If its one of those, and your canadian, i may see you in nationals, eh.

SS
I doubt you'll see me @ nationals. My corps doesn't have a range team right now and I can't see the CO putting one together in time. All the targets were shot 10 metres in the prone position except the other target like this one, that was done kneeling. We don't have slings on our rifles although they would help ALOT. This target was actually from ye olde days when .22s were still used on the range. It was designed to be used on a 25 metre range but My corps uses it on 10 metres to sight the rifles in.
February 8th, 2005  
SharpShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
I agree. Most people on my range team...or back in the day when I was on the range team averaged in the low 90's.
I never knew you were on the squadron range team.
If you don't mind me asking, who was the RSO back then?

By chance, was Victor heal still around then? Il be damned if he isn't the top shot in canada.

MM
February 9th, 2005  
Trevor

I was on two years before you joined. Back when C.I. Beer and C.I. Brown were still around.