Rammstein

Due to the nature of the music and perhaps their lyrics, certain actions such as the Columbine High school and the Besslan massacres are said to have inspired the attackers. Their single and video clip Ich was released portraying the band as terrorists who want to get a message across and receiving a kind of terrorist award for their "actions. What timing! released on 10th September 10th 2001 and broadcasted only late at night after the attacks of September 11th 2001.

As with all successful media performers, their popularity has been enhanced through controversy. This is mainly incidental, but they take full advantage of it. To put it another way, if these incidents didn't occur would they be as successful?

I was really surprised i like them, because i mostly stick to classic rock, but Rammstein is so good...but only in German!! Their version of Du Hast in English is horrible i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrSQqTaOvU

Though these lyrics give you clarification on whether it is "You hate" or "You have"

To put it another way, if these incidents didn't occur would they be as successful?

Yes, IMO their success is defintitely down to their music and their great live performances, not many fans really care about the controversy

Can't believe I let this thread passed my eyes.

Anyway, I must admit it that Rammstein are my favorite band.

They need to tours in AMERIKA! Or I'll go to Germany to see them in live. :cool:

I saw them live at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark a few years ago.
Great live performance and great music!
(almost) any band that has Flamethrowers on stage rocks.. :cool:

'Let there be rock.' AC/DC. lyrics by Bon Scott (RIP)

In the beginning
Back in nineteen fifty-five
Man didnt know about a rock n roll show
And all that jive
The white man had the smoltz
The black man had the blues
No one knew what they was gonna do
But tchaikovsky had the news
He said -

Let there be light, and there was light
Let there be sound, and there was sound
Let there be drums, and there was drums
Let there be guitar, and there was guitar
Let there be rock

And it came to pass
That rock n roll was born
All across the land every rockin band
Was blowing up a storm
The guitarman got famous
The businessman got rich
And in every bar there was a super star
With a seven year itch
There were fifteen million fingers
Learning how to play
And you could hear the fingers picking
And this is what they had to say

Let there be light
Sound
Drums
Guitar
Let there be rock.

One night in a club called `the shaking hand'
There was a ninety-two decibel rocking band
The music was good and the music was loud
And the singer turned and he said to the crowd -

Chorus

........Let there be rock'
----------------
  • There you go - It's AC/DC - it's loud - it's hard -it's rock - it's Oz - and the roots were born in the USA!
  • High Voltage rock and roll!
Now,relevant to the original post on this thread, Ollie, I consider this to be music, standing as that in its own right, tough, heavy metal/hard rock, (my personal preferences). Rammstein I do not consider to be truly music, but rather theatre, pandering to the political/ militarialistic genre, which of course is a very successful mass market. As theatre, it has a wide following, but not of musos, in my opinion. I prefer right-on, heads down, stand up and knock me down , flat-out rock. I want my boots rocked off at a gig.

Last edited:
I thought AC/DC were born in Australia. :? AC/DC is awesome, too, tho.

Yeah, as I said, they are an Oz band, but if you read that lyric you will see that the roots of their music is good ol' USA.

They were originally Scots born who went to Oz as boys. Fantastic live act. Some folk have rated them as the best band ever, others as the best heavy metal band ever; others claim 'whole lot of Rosie' is the greatest rock song written.

Back