The Rambo Chart

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
For those of us who like to look at stats...
rambo-kill-chart.jpg

This is why Rambo 4 was the best Rambo movie ever.

It would be neat if they factored in the number of people killed in RAMBO: First Blood the book as well...

I have the Directors Cut on DVD, and the director states in the book version Rambo kills lots of people, namely civilians, police officers, national guardsmen. But the Movie Studios were afraid that Rambo killing cops, US Soldiers, etc it would be poorly received so they sanitized the movie.

its like the show "The A-team"...They fight people with guns every episode and rarely kill anyone. :hide:

Haha! In one episode of the A-Team, a loaded helicopter slams into the side of a cliff, falls the ground, and everyone comes out dazed but ok. So realistic!!

Awesome stuff, do you have an Arnie comparison?

It would be cool to see them going head to head - although not so much now, but in their prime.

They all did.

So far out in fantasy land.

Actually the First Blood was the first movie to discuss the PTSD of returning Vietnam Vets (a gutsy move as the Vietnam War had only ended a decade before) which had been a taboo subject in Hollywood.

So I give the producer kudos for that. Unfortunately the subsequent films turned a good subject matter into the loathsome war films I detest that portray war as a good thing. Its sad because before Rambo you had some really good war films like "Apocalypse Now" and "Iron Cross" that show war as the insane savage butchery that it is.

I don't understand what the big deal was about Apocalypse Now and Cross of Iron. Both were pretty lame.
Rambo 2 and 3 weren't good at all. A bit like Rocky how the franchise kind of lost its way. At least the last ones were pretty good. Rambo isn't realistic but I don't think it was ever meant to be.

Back