Ragan named to drive the #6 AAA Ford in 2007

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Roush Racing today announced that David Ragan will be the full-time driver of the team's flagship #6 AAA Ford Fusion in 2007. The #6 has been the foundation of the Roush Racing stable, dating back to Jack Roush's beginning into NASCAR's premier series in 1988. "We are very pleased to have David Ragan going into the #6 AAA Ford Fusion next season," said Jack Roush. "David is a driver with outstanding talent and as a result of his actions he is the young man I selected to fill the seat. The #6 is obviously a special car to me personally and this organization and we are confident in David's ability to step up and get the job done." Ragan currently shares the #6 Scotts Ford with Mark Martin [in the Truck Series] and also pilots the #50 Roush Racing Ford [in the Truck Series]. Ragan started his first career Nextel Cup race at Dover three weeks ago. He is set to make four more starts in the Nextel Cup Series in 2006 and will make his first start in the #6 AAA Ford in next season's famed Daytona 500. "This is a tremendous opportunity and I look forward to racing on behalf of AAA's millions of loyal members in 2007. Obviously, I've got big shoes to fill and quite a legacy to follow, but I look forward to the challenge and the next chapter of the #6 race team," said Ragan. "AAA has great confidence in Jack Roush and his entire organization, including their selection of David Ragan as the promising new driver of the #6 AAA car," said Kristin Warfield, director AAA Motorsports. We look forward to cheering David on as he competes in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup racing for the first time, and to introducing him to our members and other race fans at tracks and special appearances throughout the coming year." Ragan has one pole and six top-10 finishes in 15 starts in the Craftsman Truck Series in 2006. He will make his next Cup start at Martinsville Speedway on October 22nd.(Roush Racing PR)

Ragan having big shoes to fill is an understatement. I wish him luck for next year, hopefully he doesn't do to badly at Martinsville.

Back