Racist Yahoo News!

Nice catch...
Hm.. What's the real difference between "looting" and "finding"?? :lol:

If all you're taking is food because none has arrived in a relief effort yet you're not looting no matter what your race. The food would spoil anyway without power and people need to survive.

If, however, you're taking CDs, sneakers, televisions, etc. then you are indeed looting - again that applies to all no matter what their color.

i disagree with what charge 7 says. he said that its not looting if you are taking food that will just spoil anyways. That is still looting, just society has deemed it acceptable. does that mean its ok to take something from a store that nobody will buy. granted the store is going to lose the food anyways, doesn't mean that its ok to take it.

it is pretty funny how the media wrote that caption.

babyboy4u363 said:
the fact that the while people were "finding food" but the black person was "looting the shop"

And?

Perhaps I just don't look for racisim in everything I see.

It is a difficult situation down there, and while "looting" is really just a polite way of saying "stealing."

It is one thing to break into a store and take televisions and DVD players, something entirely different to take food. Both cases are still stealing, but at least the latter can be justified.

I would do whatever it took to take care of my family.

RnderSafe said:
babyboy4u363 said:
the fact that the while people were "finding food" but the black person was "looting the shop"

And?

Perhaps I just don't look for racisim in everything I see.

Neither do I. You said "I guess I don't see how those photos and captions are racist in any way" and I pointed out where people were finding racism. I neither said that they were or were not racist. Your above comment seems to me to be quite aggressive and / or hostile. I do hope you're not trying to start an argument, what an example that would be of how to behave.

hoohaa310 said:
i disagree with what charge 7 says. he said that its not looting if you are taking food that will just spoil anyways. That is still looting, just society has deemed it acceptable. does that mean its ok to take something from a store that nobody will buy. granted the store is going to lose the food anyways, doesn't mean that its ok to take it.

If you are chosing between letting the food go bad or your children dying, that makes it okay. Understand?

But yeah, funny catch mate!

babyboy4u363 said:
Neither do I. You said "I guess I don't see how those photos and captions are racist in any way" and I pointed out where people were finding racism. I neither said that they were or were not racist. Your above comment seems to me to be quite aggressive and / or hostile. I do hope you're not trying to start an argument, what an example that would be of how to behave.

Take it easy, from the looks of things, it is you trying to start an argument, if you have a problem with the actions of any moderator, take that problem up with that individual, or, if you find it necessary, with the Admin. Do not attempt to moderate the moderators on the open forum.

Stood at ease. Sorry I guess I let my sarcastic / ironic nature out without thinking it through. Back to the topic -

hoohaa310 said:

Legally, you are of course correct. I was quite clear, however, in stating that if it's necessary to do to keep yourself and your family from starving because no relief has arrived yet, it's an easily forgivable sin - particularly the taking of food that will spoil without power. I hope I was also clear in stating that if you're taking anything other than what's needed to survive you're given no "pass".

On the looting - The fottage today was way worse than yesterday. Yesterday I saw a lot of guys with water and bread. Today I saw lots of people floating trashbags full of clothes and shoes down the street or hauling off stereos and TVs. I also read that an officer got shot in the face by a looter.

Back