Racial violence erupts in Sydney

There is a whole lot more to the background that the newspapers don't report, and therefore make it very hard for non-Australians to understand the violence.

One of the biggest problems is that these are often second generation Australians who are now deciding to play up the whole "middle Eastern" thing and use it as an excuse to get away with crimes, to congregate in gangs, and to intimidate people.

Just a few of the recent "middle eastern" crimes;
•The gang rape that happened in Sydney by Lebanese Muslims, in which 2 white Australian girls were gang raped by 14 Lebanese men. There were 5 rapes over 3 days perpetrated by the same people.
•The shooting of an Adelaide newspaper delivery man by Paul Neemer
•The beating of the life guards
•The beating of journalists outside the court in which there were anti-terror hearings happening

etc, etc, etc

Australians are usually very relaxed, and it has gone on long enough. It's not as if we don't want them here. We have no problems with the Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, Cambodian etc etc etc migrants who have come here and have assimilated into Australian society. It is these middle eastern people who come here and expect us to put up with their bad behaviour, and to change for them that really gets people upset.

It's about time that somebody did something. It's not racist. They could be politicians, or red-haired people, or people over 6 foot tall. If they've done the wrong thing then they should expect consequences.

Is it me or could one see some resemblance to the riots in Paris earlier on? Eventhough people focussed mainly on islamic faith with the Parisians, they perpetrated the same kind of crimes and lived in the same conditions. Once again, I am not condoning their behaviour and I don't understand the attitude of not wanting to intergrate, but why is it happening twice in such a short time-span and so massively?

support.jpg

Perhaps a portion of it can be fairly blamed at the feet of the media and their incessant stream of manure. Just a thought.

Ted said:
Is it me or could one see some resemblance to the riots in Paris earlier on? Eventhough people focussed mainly on islamic faith with the Parisians, they perpetrated the same kind of crimes and lived in the same conditions. Once again, I am not condoning their behaviour and I don't understand the attitude of not wanting to intergrate, but why is it happening twice in such a short time-span and so massively?

Ted,

I believe that the time line is concidence. The fact that both countries experienced ethnic problems with muslims is not. Muslims, with a few exceptions, do not assimlate anywhere

If Mexicans continue flooding into the United States, and continue refusing to assimilate, and Africans continue flooding into Britian, and again refusing to assimilate, you will see the same riots in Britian and the U.S.

If I were to emigrate to Poland, I would have no right whatsoever to demand that the Polish people learn to speak English, so that they could communicate with me. Nor would I expect Polish election ballots to be printed in English so that I could vote.

Why then, should British ballots be printed in Swahili, or Farsi? Why should election ballots in the U.S. be printed in Spanish, or French ?

And yes, there are xenophobes and bigots in every country that simply will not accept anyone different. However, the primary burden is on the immigrant to attempt to assimilate.

And here is the latest from NEWS.COM.AU

FOUR churches in Sydney's southwest have been attacked in 24-hours as the city's volatile riots spread from race to religion.
A community hall linked to a Uniting Church was burned to the ground early yesterday, carol singers were spat on and church buildings peppered with gunfire.
In response, members of the Arab Christian and Arab Muslim communities have called for a curfew for all Lebanese youths over the weekend.
Police believe the attack on the hall, in the suburb of Auburn, was intended to destroy the Uniting Church adjacent, while nearby St Thomas's Anglican Church, which has a primarily Chinese congregation, had all its front windows smashed. Three of the attacks were on churches within minutes of each other.
The night before, Molotov cocktails were used in an attack on an Anglican Church in Macquarie Fields in the city's far southwest. <SNIP>

The NSW goverment is in the process of creating new laws, personally I don't think they need any new ones, they just need a backbone to enforce the ones they already have.......

Man, you guys really honked off your Arab community. Here in Texas, we've had a few windows broken in Mosques but the kids are usually caught pretty quickly. If someone is approaching your property here with a Molotov cocktail, a .45 auto is always handy to explain the laws of trespassing. Most people here only have trouble making up their mind which caliber to use so as to not hurt a bystander.:2guns:

Frangible rounds are the answer Missileer in any caliber.
:)

And in the meantime...

Q: Why is a racist like a drunk?
A: Cos whatever they say ends in a slur.

Q: What's the difference between a racist's house and a porcupine?
A: With the porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Q: Why didn't the racist cross the road?
A: He was afraid of the other side.

Last edited:
Missileer said:
Man, you guys really honked off your Arab community. quote]

No, its just the way they do "business". Were as the Triads are discrete and surgical.

Bulldog

The point I'm trying to make is that Racism is not purveyed by only those with a white skin.
Look at the history in the tribes of Rwanda.

Last edited:
Before I start my rant, if anyone finds it offensive PM me and I'll change it. Otherwise, this is my opinion

The Arabs aren't being discriminated, niether are any other immigrants here. I mean, look at NSW's Premier, Morris Iemma, he is the first generation in his family to be born in Australia.

Now my parents grew up in the Canterbury (NSW) Area, so they have seen the bad side to the Arab community. Allot of my family has. Most of the guys there don't want to assimilate. They want to move to our country, live by their old laws, but still get our benfits from Centrelink and Medicare.

Allot of these Arabs, think they are being discrimnated against in getting jobs because of who they are. Its because, they want to live the way their parents did in their old country, by working in the same community they live in, and all the jobs in those communities are taken.
For example, if one kid lives in Lakemba, the furthest he is willing to travle to work is Croydon Park. But that area is slow on economic growth, so there are few jobs left. There are Arabs that work their, but allotof the work for come from Marrickville, Sydnam, Parramata even, to work in Canterbury.

So they walk around these area's in gangs, telling themselves everyones else hates them, extremly bored. The gangs get invovled in all sorts of bad business. When they get arrested, they cry discrimination.

They know their rights and benefits of living here. But, they don't want to know their responsibilites.

UBIQUE said:
Missileer said:
Man, you guys really honked off your Arab community. quote]

No, its just the way they do "business". Were as the Triads are discrete and surgical.

Bulldog

The point I'm trying to make is that Racism is not purveyed by only those with a white skin.
Look at the history in the tribes of Rwanda.

I understand and completely agree with you. My post wasn't directed at any one person. It was in fact an attempt to add a bit of levity to a thread that could ignite as readily as the beaches of Sydney have done.
:)

Back