Rabin's murderer. - Page 2

--
Boots

May 28th, 2004  
Locke

arg, i say "hell no" to letting him marry. his action changed the future of the middle east dramaticaly, sure, rabin was unpopular in israel bc of his stance, but at the time, the suicide bombers were looked down on by the palestinians and were given little support by civ's. that was a time when peace in that area actually stood a chance of working, unlike the "roadmaps" which seem to pop up every couple of months.

sorry for off topic:
btw, just finished reading "Six Days" by Jeremy Bown, an account of the six day way, its a GREAT read. i highly reccomend it, it has an analysis of how what happened in the war has affected how the middle east is today.
May 28th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
rabin was unpopular in israel
He was? I mean I know "The Right winged partys were outraged." (sherman105) but I never heard that he was unpopular in Israel period. I hope sherman'll comment on this.
May 28th, 2004  
Marksman

dANG THATS BAD
--
Boots
May 28th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
dANG THATS BAD
What are you talking about?
May 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hmmm

Quote:
rabin was unpopular
Wouldent say that...The right wingers hated him....But most loved him.
May 28th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
He's in prison for life in Israel and now he want's to get married
Thats dang bad
May 29th, 2004  
Locke

"Six Days" by Jeremy Bowen, Simon & Schuster, 2003, p 362.364

Quote:
Rabin realised that however many tanks and helicopter gunships Israel possessed, it would never have peace while it tried to control the lives of 4 million Palestinians.... For months before he was killed, a poisonous cascade of hatred was directed at Rabin and his family, Rabbis cursed him. extreme right wingers waved pictures of him in a Nazi uniform. People believed it (Israel) was gods miraculous gift to the Jewish people. how, they asked, can a Jew return what God intends him to have?.... Violence pushes the extremists from both sides into the mainstream. Palestinian extremists found more people prepared to listen to thier bloodthirsty dreams, while Ariel Sharon appointed ministers who believed that Palestinians in the West bank should be expelled. when, in Rabins time, Palestinians thought the occupation was ending, suicide bombers were deeping unpopular in the West Bank and Gaza. Now Israeli tanks are back on the street, the bombers approval ratings are very high"
May 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: so

Your point is? That dose not say Rabbin was unpopular with everyone, just with the Right....Anyhow, seing as I live here and lived here then,I kind of know if he was popular or not.
May 30th, 2004  

Topic: Re: so

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Your point is? That dose not say Rabbin was unpopular with everyone, just with the Right....Anyhow, seing as I live here and lived here then,I kind of know if he was popular or not.
I liked the man... the moment I heard he had been shot, I thought Isreal would go back to war, and they kinda did.... I don't see how there's another way to solve it then Rabin's way. Now even Sharon is trying to give the Palestinians some space. I hope it works..... and the right wingers'll let him.
May 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

They wont.....But what can you do. Eventually, people will wise up and elect a good left canidate(if they can find one).