RAAF Replaces F/A 18's and F-111's with JSF F-35

Should the RAAF replace the f111s and f/a 18s?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grumpy_monkey

The Royal Australian Air Force is planning on scraping the F-111's, and F/a 18's and replacing both with the JSF. taking into acount the range, and performance of the F 111, and f/a 18- what do people think about replacing 2 awesome beasts with a short range piece of crap?

Now now

I wouldent say the JSF is a piece of crap. Australia dosent need a strong offencive Air Force, it needs a good defencive one. Now, you should still have some of the larger fighters stasy in service, but not all.

last i heard, the F111Cs, F111Gs, and R-f111's as well as all F/a 18's are to be fased out by 2015. The F111 is an old aircraft- given, however, it is still one of the best aircraft of its type, with an unbeatable range. If, say a naval task force with carriers were attempting to invade, the JSF would not have the range/power of an F-111. in terms of fighters, the F/A 18 has greater range than the JSF, and in my personal opinion, a generally better performance. also, in my opion, the ADF is just seeking a multipurpose, cheap fighter bomber to replace an already efficient and effective force

Posted by Sherman:
Australia dosent need a strong offencive Air Force, it needs a good defencive one.

C'mon man you know the best defense is a good offense.
:D
"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man."
- General George Patton Jr

The JSF is faster and more agile. Seeing as how it's in Aussieland, it doesn't really need much range. It can land vertically, too! :avi:

Back