Quotes: Who said it and where? - Page 9

--
Boots

February 25th, 2005  
IAmFighter

Erwin Rommel?
February 25th, 2005  
Charge 7

Okay, I'll go the other way then and say Erwin Rommel.

If I miss it, this will be strike two. I'm allowing myself three swings at bat before I call myself out here unless somebody does that for me sooner
February 25th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmFighter
Erwin Rommel?
correct for 300 mil bucks

my success has been so uninterrupted that the men thought that victory was chained to my standard. Men who go into a fight under the influence of such feelings are next to invincible, and are generally victorts before it begins."

100 for the war this quote originated from
200 for the man's nicknames (there are 2 of them)
300 for who said it
--
Boots
February 25th, 2005  
Charge 7

Something weird in the software of this forum. When I answered Rommel mine was the only answer but coming back later I see another ahead of me by two minutes. Oh well, new guy can use the money he he.

I'll get back to you on the latest question.
February 25th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

John Singleton Mosby, Grey Ghost, Civil War
March 1st, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulli secundus
John Singleton Mosby, Grey Ghost, Civil War
correct for 500, the other nickname is the Scarlet Cloak.

Military genius is a gift from God, but the most essential quality of a general-in-chief is the stength of character and resolution to win at all costs.

Who said it for 250
March 1st, 2005  
506thWW214yroldBuff

wild guess...Napoleon
March 1st, 2005  
Charge 7

Karl von Clausewitz?
March 2nd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by 506thWW214yroldBuff
wild guess...Napoleon
oui for 250 mil bucks

"Our rifles grew so hot with sun and shooting that they seared our hands; and we had to be grudging of our rounds, considering every shot, and spending great pains to make it sure. The rocks which we flung ourselves for aim were burning, so that they scorched our breasts and arms, from which later the skin drew off in ragged sheets. The present smart made us thurst. Yet even water eas rare with us; we could not afford men to fetch enough from Batra, and if all could not drink, it was better that none should."

300 for who it is
200 for the battle that he was talking about
March 3rd, 2005  
IAmFighter

It was said by T.E Laurence aka Laurence of Arabia about the battle at Aba el Lissan.