Quotes: Who said it and where?

Okay, I'll go the other way then and say Erwin Rommel.

If I miss it, this will be strike two. I'm allowing myself three swings at bat before I call myself out here unless somebody does that for me sooner ;)

IAmFighter said:
Erwin Rommel?

correct for 300 mil bucks

my success has been so uninterrupted that the men thought that victory was chained to my standard. Men who go into a fight under the influence of such feelings are next to invincible, and are generally victorts before it begins."

100 for the war this quote originated from
200 for the man's nicknames (there are 2 of them)
300 for who said it

Something weird in the software of this forum. When I answered Rommel mine was the only answer but coming back later I see another ahead of me by two minutes. Oh well, new guy can use the money he he.

I'll get back to you on the latest question.

nulli secundus said:
John Singleton Mosby, Grey Ghost, Civil War

correct for 500, the other nickname is the Scarlet Cloak.

Military genius is a gift from God, but the most essential quality of a general-in-chief is the stength of character and resolution to win at all costs.

Who said it for 250

506thWW214yroldBuff said:
wild guess...Napoleon

oui for 250 mil bucks

"Our rifles grew so hot with sun and shooting that they seared our hands; and we had to be grudging of our rounds, considering every shot, and spending great pains to make it sure. The rocks which we flung ourselves for aim were burning, so that they scorched our breasts and arms, from which later the skin drew off in ragged sheets. The present smart made us thurst. Yet even water eas rare with us; we could not afford men to fetch enough from Batra, and if all could not drink, it was better that none should."

300 for who it is
200 for the battle that he was talking about

correct for 500 mil bucks

If any goddamned civilain ever tries to make fun of your uniform, you are to knock the son of a ***** down."

who is it for 200

Charge_7 said:
Sounds like Patton.

correct, that was too easy

"Such an Army would be sharp and mobile, using motorized and tracked vihicles able to appear and dissapear very quickly, capible of changing its emplacement, direction, disposition. It could attack while the enemy was mobilizing and deploying his forces, and give [removed] an initial advantage."

who said it for 300. I removed the name of the country to make things harder.

Thanks! But did I get my moola? Didn't get the usual note in my mailbox.

My answer for this latest one is Heinz Guderian.

Charge_7 said:
Thanks! But did I get my moola? Didn't get the usual note in my mailbox.

Sorry bout that, I was not exactly in the right mind set this morning. It was one of those hell weeks with work.

Your answer is not correct. Once again, you will not expect this quote from this person.

Charge 7 said:
Charles DeGaulle?

correct for 300 mil bucks

I now have time and the mil bucks to start this contest back up

War is cruelty and you cannot refine it. I want peace and believe it can only be reached throuh this war, and I will never conduct war with a view to perfect and early success."

who said it for 250 mil bucks. The quote is slightly edited to make it harder.

correct for 250 mil bucks. The exact words were "throuth this Union and this War."

"As to be prepared for defeat, I certainly am not. Any man who is prepaired for defeat would be half defeated before he commenced. I hope for success, shall do all in my power to secure it, and trust God for the rest."

who said it for 250 mil bucks

Back