Quotes: Who said it and where?

doomshot said:

correct for 300 mil bucks

"True we live in a foreshortened world in which, compared with Washington's day, time and space are realitively annihilated. But I still thank God for 2 isolating oceans, and even though they be foreshortened, they are still our supreme benediction if they be widely and prudently used...We all have our sympathies and our natural emotions in behalf of the victims of national or international outrage all around the globe; but we are not, we cannot be, the worlds protector or the world's policeman"

for 750 mil bucks, who said it and what year?

THats a tough one.
Was it a inaagrual speech?
Was it a farewell speech?
Was it said by Bill CLinton?

I guess I made that one a bit too hard. The quote was said by SEN Authur Vandenberge in 1939 as he made his case for American Isolationism

"The foreign policy of the Soviet Union is clear and explicit. We stand for peace and the strengthening our business relations will all countries. That is our position; and we shall adhere to this position as long as these countries maintain like relations with the Soviet Union and as long as they make no attempt to trespass on the interest of our Country."

who said it for 200 mil bucks

Yeah, Doody, you made the previous one harder than a Brazil nut.

Here's my guess at the latest:

Nikita Khruschev

nulli secundus said:

I had a good time explaining to my wife why I was laughing so hard after I read your response. Think of the last Soviet leader you'd expect to say something like that and you have found your man.

If you are all wondering, my wife got me the book Diplomacy by Hanry Kissinger. It is stock full of good quotes.

Since this has been hard for you all, I will give 350 mil bucks to the winner

Back