Quotes About World War II

Ryan Edwards

“The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.”
― Kristina McMorris

“Everyone thinks I'm showing off when I talk, ridiculous when I'm silent, insolent when I answer, cunning when I have a good idea, lazy when I'm tired, selfish when I eat one bite more than I should.”
― Anne Frank

“...we're dealing with two devils who both want to rule hell.”
― Ruta Sepetys

“As the Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel warned years ago, to forget a holocaust is to kill twice.”
― Iris Chang

“Darwinism by itself did not produce the Holocaust, but without Darwinism... neither Hitler nor his Nazi followers would have had the necessary scientific underpinnings to convince themselves and their collaborators that one of the worlds greatest atrocities was really morally praiseworthy.”
― Richard Weikart

“if something does go wrong, here is my advice... KEEP CALM and CARRY ON.”
― Maira Kalman

“Never be afraid of doing the thing you know in your heart is right, even if others don't agree.”
― Elizabeth Berg

“Only happy people have nightmares, from overeating. For those who live a nightmare reality, sleep is a black hole, lost in time, like death.”
― Guy Sajer

“Look at me!’ I screeched. ‘Look at me, Amadeus von Linden, you sadistic hypocrite, and watch this time! You’re not questioning me now, this isn’t your work, I’m not an enemy agent spewing wireless code! I’m just a minging Scots slag screaming insults at your daughter! So enjoy yourself and watch! Think of Isolde! Think of Isolde and watch!”
― Elizabeth Wein

“She had an emptiness in her eyes like a ghost tired of haunting.”
― Stuart Jaffe

“In seven days God had created the Earth. In a single day mankind had turned it upside down.”
― Kristina McMorris

Back