Quote From My Drill Sergeant

DTop

This is a quote from one of my drill sergeants that I sort of adopted on occasion when someone threatened to go "over my head". The drill Sergeant would say "The CO likes to chew a lot of ass but I've got more ass than he's got teeth". BTW, I still keep in touch with that Drill Sergeant after all these years.

:lol: So as a future butter bar should I be hitting the fatty foods? I have a feeling I've got a lot of that chewing coming my way. :lol:

"In case you haven't realized it, we're in the business of killing people!" -DS Rogers, speaking to a Private trying to get out of the Army, that said he was against violence. Way to pick 11B as an MOS, scooter.

My DS was speaking to us on the first day of basic.

"The Army seems to think that me cursing might offend some of you. If you get offended when I curse, thats just too f:cen:g bad."

Later on he told another soldier that wanted to file a complaint with the CO about DS yelling at him.
"You can go see the old man, but that won;t stop me from yelling at you."
Soldier later washed out of basic on Failure to Adapt.

I remember one NCO saying the following on day 1 in my new platoon after I was transfered from Basic training.
"Some of you may think basic training was the hardest thing you'd do in the military, some may think now life will be easier than before. Well, let me tell you something- it was only the beginning, and I'm here to see to that- A-ten-hut!"

He didn't lie... ;)

I remember my Training Instructor (TI) warning us about what would happen if we got in trouble on our town liberty for the Air Force in San Antonio:

"Gentleman: I will give you this advice. Leave the guys with the blue headbands alone: they huff gasoline. Leave the guys with the red headbands alone: they smoke maryjuana. And if I smell any gasoline, maryjuana or alcohol on you when you come back, you are absolute dead meat. Speaking of all you dead meats...this brings me to p___y...its out there by the ton. you have 8 hours: get all you can hold. You can have as much p---y as you want because I cant detect that on your breath....yet. "

He actually was one of the most excellant men i have every met. :drill:

lol, I remember on my IAP course, the Sgt was getting fed up with people continually asking stupid questions, so he finally just exploded and said "If anyone else asks me another stupid question I will personally get God to strike them dead" lol. It then became our platoon slogan =) I still have the sweater with the slogan on it

On the first day of my basic training the bad guy DS for my plt actually sat us down and gave us a little speech about the army. He basically said

"You can infect the Army, or you can affect the Army. If you're an infection, then I'm the cure, if you make a difference, then I'll see you at graduation"

That one sentence I have applied to everything I do, I hated that DS in Basic...but now I understand what he was about and am proud to say he my DS.

Favorite Quotes

I went through OSUT at Ft. Benning, GA. 1st Battalion 50th Infantry Regiment for 11M. The first memorable quote I remember was when the cattle car that had brought us from the replacement/reception battalion to our battalion and they opened the door and started throwing people out of the trailer I heard one of the DI's scream WELCOME TO HELL!!!!!!!
LOL. Man, Good Times. The other was something one of my platoons Drill Sergeants told me he said "I'm gonna tell you something my daddy told me, he said son "Hard Times Don't Last, Hard Men Do." I swear I will remember that until the day I die. It has got me through more than a few hard times.
-SJBelden

Back