Quite Obvious ?

Oliie Stone wasn't at the hour glass that I know of but it was a great movie , I'm beginning to think you're missing a brick , two maybe , too many issues , too much verbiage , the generation gap too big . I would prefer you take your show on the road and stop replying to my posts .

BTW, that battle scene was SUPPOSED to resemble the hour glass battle you speak of because he WAS there. You said to look into the battle and I did...did you look into any of mine?

The actual terrain at the hour glass was flat and for the most part wide open grassy fields with very tall trees 100 feet it or more it was very difficult to defend , the Americans were trying to establish a fire base there , Cambodia was 5-6 miles away , probably the most extended house to house fighting was during tet , Hue , Saigon . Tay Nihn city , ect .

I believe, you were probably a beast. Was a ****ing monster I did what I could do to Live up to you. Do your thing, go get checked out, we got this from here.

Last edited:
The actual terrain at the hour glass was flat and for the most part wide open grassy fields with very tall trees 100 feet it or more it was very difficult to defend , the Americans were trying to establish a fire base there , Cambodia was 5-6 miles away , probably the most extended house to house fighting was during tet , Hue , Saigon . Tay Nihn city , ect .

Actually he was at FSB Burt in 3-22 IN. LZ hourglass was north of the fire base.

Are you referring to the fight in support of 4/9 IN? If it was this one it looks like the 116th AHC had to extract the grunts because you guys forgot to refuel your helos...

The 187th was responsible for the hour class our AO was Saigon to War zone C which included the Iron Triangle , we had just finished up a couple of insertions and were refueling at Chu Chi when we were notified to go to Katum for a PAPA ZULU , as it turned out the 187th had not only not refueled at Tay Nihn they also lost half their ships , it was a bad night for all concerned . There were 10 slicks in a huey company . I was with the 116th

Wow...you still don't get it, do you? Yes I mentioned medals first - simply for the sake that experience beats horse shit everyday. Try carrying your best friend six miles out of a hot zone with a bullet in your leg. Try rolling into a city where OUR GIs are lying dead in the streets, having to shell the hell out if some bastards first so that you can care for the dead. Try sleeping under neath the tank, in a puddle of mud listening to the sound of rounds pinging against the armor of the tank, praying that they didn't get too close because you don't have the first round of ammo to your name. Try putting 125% into training recruits and trying your hardest to teach them the right things so that they don't get killed, only to carry their casket to the grave. THEN you can talk to me. Until then get lost.

No shit, do you speak english? I hate suffering fools, you called me a zero?

"ZERO"

Hurry the **** up, run your ****ing mouth.......Infantry talk.....

Last edited:
The 187th was responsible for the hour class our AO was Saigon to War zone C which included the Iron Triangle , we had just finished up a couple of insertions and were refueling at Chu Chi when we were notified to go to Katum for a PAPA ZULU , as it turned out the 187th had not only not refueled at Tay Nihn they also lost half their ships , it was a bad night for all concerned . There were 10 slicks in a huey company . I was with the 116th

My mistake, for some reason I thought you were in the 187th.

According to the after action reports the 187th dropped in the 2 platoons who then became engaged by a very large NVA force. The 187th attempted on several occasions to get these platoons out and managed to get one. They lost 5 birds in the mix and when they realized their lead hadn't refueled they handed it off to the 116th.

I feel bad for the grunts, they lost over half their guys KIA/WIA.

Wow...you still don't get it, do you? Yes I mentioned medals first - simply for the sake that experience beats horse shit everyday. Try carrying your best friend six miles out of a hot zone with a bullet in your leg. Try rolling into a city where OUR GIs are lying dead in the streets, having to shell the hell out if some bastards first so that you can care for the dead. Try sleeping under neath the tank, in a puddle of mud listening to the sound of rounds pinging against the armor of the tank, praying that they didn't get too close because you don't have the first round of ammo to your name. Try putting 125% into training recruits and trying your hardest to teach them the right things so that they don't get killed, only to carry their casket to the grave. THEN you can talk to me. Until then get lost.

Don't bother, he doesn't care. In his mind there is nothing we have done or will ever do that will compare to his time in the service and his time in the "suck". it's not worth it at this point...

We have finally reached the point that there is no point , I am clueless about Iraq and Afghan , just as it was with Vietnam to most , a lot of student activist that pretty much ended with Kent State , I got home in '68 and had a little fun joining student protests , nobody had a clue I was a Vet .

People aren't as clueless about Vietnam anymore...well, I'm not at least. I've been studying that war since I was about 12-13 years old. I've probably read no less than 500 books on the subject and personally interviewed between 20-25 veterans of the conflict specifically for research papers or critical analysis...

With that being said, my understanding is academic when it comes to familiar places and units I've come across in my readings. Places like Dak To, Pleiku, Da Lat, Vung Tao, the Rockpile, Dai Do, Gio Lihn, Cu Chi, etc At the same time the accounts of combat seem alarmingly familiar. The frustrations, uncertainty, anger, rear echelon BS from REMFs, etc is still pretty much the same. You guys operated mostly in the jungle, we operated mostly in the cities(in iraq) and in valleys and mountains in Astan.

I'm sure if you took the time to listen, you'd realize there are quite a lot of similarities. Just because you know nothing now is no excuse. You have resources in libraries, book stores, and primary sources here. But, if you really don't care to listen or learn about what those wars were like than say so. It'll speak volumes more about you and your motives than anyone else's....

Back