Quit militarizing the police!

JWIlls94

Banned
I do not know who had the idea of giving police military gear. Why do they need to be armed like a infantry platoon? They don't! If things get to that point, that's why we have a National Guard. We need to get back to Andy Taylor and Barney Fife, not Stalin's Black Maria goon squads.

Close your eyes and click your heels together three times....and repeat after me... "there's no place like home...there's no place like home".. now open your eyes................:smil:

Police have always had access to military equipment. I'm sure Andy & Barny even had a little something something in the back. But, I agree. Police are meant to protect and serve. Not fight a war.

You should see the British Police with their combat pants and body armour!!!

Armed-Police-in-Britain-Image-3.jpg

I do think all police be required to wear their service caps when out of the car be easier to recognize them in a crowd also looks more professional .

I would rather feel safe than as if I were on the set of a sixty's tv show. In dreams, that's great....

I know it seems drastic but things have changed. We're no longer(as far as I know)running into our local sheriff at the town square diner or meeting him/her after for a relaxing afternoon of fishing. Yes, those were the days but, sad to admit and harder to see but it seems they're over.

As long as they don't fall into some type of power trip and abuse the power given, I see nothing wrong with making sure our police force has what they need to protect the innocent.

Last edited:
Back