Quick Poll!

FreyaCat

QUICK POLL

A global UN survey has only one question:

“Please give your honest opinion about solutions to food shortage in the rest of the world.”

The survey is a huge failure:

In Africa they don’t know what ‘food’ is.
In India they don’t know what ‘honest’ means.
In Europe they don’t know what a ‘shortage’ is.
In the Middle-East they don’t know what ‘solutions’ means.
In South America they don’t know what ‘please’ means.
And in the USA they don’t know what ‘the rest of the world’ means.

President Reagan told thid story on a number of occasions...

There were three dogs, an american dog, a polish dog and a russian dog. they’re having a visit to the U.S., and the american dog was telling them how you have to bark along enough and then sombody comes along and gives you some meat.
The polish dog said, "what’s meat?".
The russian dog said, "what’s bark?".

And in the USA they don’t know what ‘the rest of the world’ means.

When I was at school (Many years ago!) We had an American exchange teacher, Mr Brown from Concord High School New Jersey.
He taught history and was a very excellent teacher.
On our first day, he gave us an outline map of Europe and asked us to fill in the names, which we duly did.
He then explained that when he gave the same map to his students in the US they were barely able to complete it.
When he challenged them about it, their reply was:
"I bet your British pupils can't name all the 52 States!"
We promptly sat there, as a class and named them all.
Mr Brown said that when he returned to Concord, he would ensure all of his pupils could complete the map of Europe.

Reminds me of this one (Fox tries to block it everywhere, so just this obscure link), a video about a quiz show "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" with the 3rd grade geography question "Budapest is the capital of what European country?", see for yourself ("I thought Europe was a country?") while Fox lets you, and

Enjoy!

Rattler

http://fragg.me/video/blonde-europe-country

Last edited:
Reminds me of this one (Fox tries to block it everywhere, so just this obscure link), a video about a quiz show "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" with the 3rd grade geography question "Budapest is the capital of what European country?", see for yourself ("I thought Europe was a country?") while Fox lets you, and

Enjoy!

Rattler

http://fragg.me/video/blonde-europe-country

I hate to say it but after spending *billions* AND some more *billions* on education since the 60's, our students are pathetically weak in all areas of knowledge... EXCEPT or course who Lindsey Lohan and *Lady Ga-Ga* is shacking up with today... and you want to know what? Some state is now, are you ready, *banning* homework ---- well DUH!!

We are ripe for you guys to set sail and come trade beads with the Indians again..........

Back