Questions for U.S. personnel who were/are stationed abroad.

--

May 15th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Topic: Questions for U.S. personnel who were/are stationed abroad.

I hope there is enuff of you lot on this message board.

I know that stores, sports facilites and all that stuff exist on U.S. military bases, so there is no real need for American military personnel to leave the base and interact with the local population much. But I'm assuming that most of you have left the base on occasions other than field exercises and transit to another U.S. base.

My questions are: First of all, which country/countries were you stationed in? How much do you leave the base to visit places in your host country and interact with locals? What is your impression of the region of the host country you're in? How do you like the populace? Do you have friends or partners among them? Are there some aspects of life in that country that are better/worse than life in the U.S?

I'm really interested in your views on this one.
May 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I'm not American.
May 25th, 2005  
rotc boy

neither is Mohmar 'Deathstrike'
--
May 28th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I cannot help you on this issue. The only time I have been overseas was for Kosovo in 2000 and Iraq 2002-2003. Those places are not like Germany, Italy or Korea. I do here there is plenty of drinking for soldiers to do.
May 30th, 2005  
Archit

I am not American too 8)
I wonder if there are guies who are based abroad on this forum?
May 30th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I'm not American.
Oh haha. You Korean then? I was almost convinced that you were an American living in South Korea
May 30th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
I cannot help you on this issue. The only time I have been overseas was for Kosovo in 2000 and Iraq 2002-2003. Those places are not like Germany, Italy or Korea. I do here there is plenty of drinking for soldiers to do.
Sweet 8)

Yeah, I mainly meant stationed somewhere that doesn't involve any combat or peace-keeping duty.
May 30th, 2005  
gladius

Topic: Re: Questions for U.S. personnel who were/are stationed abro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar 'Deathstrike'
I hope there is enuff of you lot on this message board.
My questions are: First of all, which country/countries were you stationed in? How much do you leave the base to visit places in your host country and interact with locals? What is your impression of the region of the host country you're in? How do you like the populace? Do you have friends or partners among them? Are there some aspects of life in that country that are better/worse than life in the U.S?

I'm really interested in your views on this one.
Gemany.
A lot.
Good.
They were pretty swell.
Yes.
Yes/Yes.
May 31st, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Topic: Re: Questions for U.S. personnel who were/are stationed abro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius

Gemany.
A lot.
Good.
They were pretty swell.
Yes.
Yes/Yes.
Haha. I was hoping for a mini-essay-like answer, but this is pretty straight forward too . Thank you.

Can u elaborate on which aspects were worse and wich were better?
May 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar 'Deathstrike'
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I'm not American.
Oh haha. You Korean then? I was almost convinced that you were an American living in South Korea
Yeah hehe. I can fool anyone.