Questions You Should Ask the Recruiter.

Yes, you can get the recruiter to give you the asvab without signing up. They have to because you need to know your scores before you can even go to MEPS to sign a contract or else how the hell would they know what you are qualified to do? Just tell the recruiter you are thinking about joining, you are serious but you don't want him showing up at your door or calling you every week. Then tell him you want to take the ASVAB so that you can find out what you qualify for. Any recruiter can give the test so if one of them says no, find one who will schedule you for the test.

Taking the test does NOT obligate you to anyone or anything.

OK I had te reschedual with the recruiter till next tuesday, so i will talk to him then. Anything else until then?

~chyllaxen

Run. You can't study for the ASVAB but you can improve those run times stud. Start the following workout routine for your run...

Track Workout
On a regulation 400m track run one lap as fast as you can then walk 100m, then run two laps as fast as you can, then walk 100m. repeat this cycle 4 or 5 times. Do it every other day and in between on the other days run 2 miles for time or run at a slow steady pace for at least 30 minutes.

Monday- 3 miles for time

Tuesday- track workout

Wednesday- 30-45 min run

Thursday- track workout

Friday- 30-45 min run

Do not cheat yourself. You should be puking during this track workout, if not, then you are being a puss and need to grab your sack and RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

lol when the local track isnt underwater i will be out there....Been storming here constantly for about a week...

~CHyllaxen

Run in the rain, run in the snow... get used to it now. They won't cancel PT because of the weather Chyl. Don't make excuses, just get er done if this is something you really want.

IMPROVISE

ADAPT

OVERCOME

Its not just a phrase, its the way of life for a warrior.

Ive been running ont he treadmill, because right now we can leave the house, I can get a ticket and it is just general unsafe for me to go out.

Im not trying to make excuses, If anyone lives in the Dallas area. They will know what im talking about. We have Massive Flooding.

Here is a picture taken by the News only three blocks away from my house, if the flood waters rise anymore we will have to leave our home. We already have water up to our pourch.

Shot at 2007-06-28

~chyllaxen

As soon as you can get off the treadmill and run. IT is very different. Put the treadmill on MAX incline and run 6-7 minute miles till you puke, then run another mile.

Tread mill seems a proper fall back for yeh with the conditions you posted.

But there's other work to do too. You've listed the hi speed, low drag options in your choice picks.

You want all over endurance. You want toughness, you want mean that you can dig into when you're too tired to fart and too whipped to think.

Calistenics, lots of em. Bends and thrusts, mountain climbers, getup getdowns, sit ups, crunches, leg lifts, push ups, crunches, leg lifts, pushups, side straddle hops, push ups, leg lifts, high steps (hands behind head, bring left knee up to meet your right elbow coming down and across, then right knee to meet left elbow, repeat quickly, even faster, like you're running in place till you want to puke) push ups, leg lifts, sit ups, push ups...did I mention leg lifts and push ups?

Also, sit down and grab your nutsack and self check. Do you have it in you to be miserable, go without sufficient sleep and food for days on end and not only keep focused and doing your job, but not whine like a ruptured c**t? How do you feel about still being awake at 3 AM and looking at yet another 10 mile hump before you get even the possibility of an hour or so sleep, for the 3rd day in a row?

Life is hard even without making the choice to live the hard life. This aint about ego or what looked cool on TV. You'll be in a world where the kind of tired you'll feel dont even exist in the civilian world. And, while you're dealing with all that soul breaking fatigue, pain and misery, you'll need to be sharp, focused and "on time, on target" all the time, every time.

It's not a bad thing at all to want to go hard, but you dang well better understand that if you dont make the cut, you still serve out your contract.

I understand, Ive fallen out of my physical Conditioning, my prevouse 3 mile time was under 18 min, and i have over 20 pull ups and 100 sit ups...but like many other people In America I became Lazy, I have to push myself and i know that, and Im working on it, When im not working, i work out, when im not learning I run.

I have some work to go I know that, But I know if I push myself I can do it.

~Chyllaxen

There it is. If you really want to go for the brass ring, dont let anyone try to talk you out of it.

Im meeting with the recruited tomarrow evening for the ASVAB... and What do you mean. "your aquatic impaired training"?

Im meeting with the recruited tomarrow evening for the ASVAB... and What do you mean. "your aquatic impaired training"?

He meant:
What have you been doing.
How much of what have you been doing.
What is your progress.

Damn it son, you need to learn to read and understand or you´ll be in a world of hurt after making the choices you told us you were going to make.

Now press out fifty for making me come in here and helping you out with your situational awareness!
And you better not forget one for the big boss in the sky either.

Suck it up son, your life is about to take a turn for the worst/best part of your life.
Put out, every time on time and you´ll be golden.

Never quit.

//KJ.

Oh, WOw...

I Feel Like A Blonde WOman....... I should have got that one.

I was able to get out and run yesterday and this Morning i plan to run tonight after work... Im staying Well hydrated, and Vomiting my guts out from running.

Its still Raining periodicaly, So when it does i go to the inside track at the gym and work out everything. Tonights run will be in the Rain.

Yes, Sir. Permission To Recover?

~Chyllaxen

Oh, WOw...

I Feel Like A Blonde WOman....... I should have got that one.

I was able to get out and run yesterday and this Morning i plan to run tonight after work... Im staying Well hydrated, and Vomiting my guts out from running.

Its still Raining periodicaly, So when it does i go to the inside track at the gym and work out everything. Tonights run will be in the Rain.

Yes, Sir. Permission To Recover?

~Chyllaxen

If you can run now then run. Regardless of weather. I can guarantee you will be running no matter if it is raining or shining outside.

When you hit boot camp the weather becomes one more way the DIs can torture and torment you. May as well get used to it now.

for Lunch I had an Apple and I ran about a mile
THAT's improvising... keep it up.

I'm in the middle of my July madness here so I am not on as frequent but rest assured I will look in and help as I can and the others here will keep you sorted- teamwork is another essential skill you will acquire.

Well i talked to the Recriter, He Told me That Because im not 20 he cant Put 18 X-Ray in to my COntract yet, and me and him are gunna meet again thursday to then schedual a day for the ASVAB.

I just got back from my evening run, I ran on a local trail that is 8 miles long...so round trip....16. I wont lie I didnt RUN it all, But i did end up seeing what was left of that apple......

~Chyllaxen

Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS.

(1) physical demands rating,--N/A.

(2) A physical profile, of 111221.

(3) Minimum scores, of 110 in aptitude area GT, and 100 in aptitude area CO.

(4) A Security Clearance, of SECRET.

(5) Must complete Special Forces Qualification Course formal training course.

(6) Must meet requirements listed in AR 614-200.

(7) A U.S. citizen.

(8) Must be able to swim 50-meters wearing boots and battle dress uniform (BDU) prior to beginning the Special Forces Qualification Course. All Soldiers will be given a swim assessment during SFAS to determine whether he has the aptitude to learn to swim.

(9) Must score a minimum of 229 points on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), with no less than 60 points on any event, using the standards for age group 17-21.

(10) Must be a high school graduate or have a general equivalency diploma (GED).

(11) Must not be barred to reenlistment or be under suspension of favorable personnel action.

(12) Must not have been convicted by court-martial or have disciplinary action noted in their official military personnel fiche under the provisions of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (Article 15). This provision can only be waived by the Commanding General, United States Army Special Warfare Center and School on a case-by-case basis.

(13) Must not have been terminated from SF, ranger, or airborne duty, unless termination was due to extreme family problems.

(14) Must not have 30 days or more "lost time" under USC 972 within current or preceding enlistment.

NOTE: This job closed to women.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/18x_2.htm

I see nothing about a minimum age here. Sounds like bovine manure. VERIFY everything a recruiter tells you. EVERYTHING.

Back